Who is diving after Covid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making the facts and truths get in the way of their hubris and playing an ostrich.

It’s also a gross distortion of the facts.

As suggested many death certificates do not differentiate death from Covid vs with Covid.

Additionally we’re looking only at deaths. The number of cases is not used for perspective.

It is claimed that there were 38 deaths from Covid per 100,000 residents in LA vs 3.5 for motor vehicle crashes and 5.9 for the flu.

This completely ignores the rate of Covid infection at the time, which is also grossly underreported as many home positive tests are never counted. If Covid is rampant then through nothing more than sheer numbers there will be more Covid related deaths than car related deaths. This type of comparison offers no insight into the absolute risk of either cause of death.

It also ignores any subgroups. For 70 year old folks Covid is much more likely to kill them than a car crash is. OTOH for a 20 year old your risk from a car crash is far greater than from Covid.

Stats can easily be twisted when someone has an agenda.

It's interesting how when the Ontario gov't here started to show the number of icu patients due to COVID, vs icu patients with COVID, how the scary numbers posted in the media went down.
Statistics are the greatest weapon of proving or disproving the same facts depending on how you interpret them or present them.
Love your life and take the precautions (or none) as you feel is right for you.

If with all the things and multiple of "sins" I've put my body through, COVID is the thing that kills me, it will make for a sad bit of irony, lol
Can't live my life with that kind of fear.

And along those same lines, an interesting article from today's L.A. Times showing, that at least around here, COVID has a higher death rate (9X) than car crashes and a higher death rate (5X) than flu & pneumonia. Also bear in mind that here in L.A. and many metropolitan areas, COVID was much more prevalent and problematic than in less metropolitan areas. So when you wonder "Why do you care," some of the explanation is that I likely have a very different perspective on this - having not only gotten it myself but having had a couple of close friends die from COVID - than you do.

Here's the link to the article: Even in 2022, L.A. COVID death rate is worse than car crashes. Here's why

You're making the facts and truths get in the way of their hubris and playing an ostrich.
I never said COVID isn't deadly. Hence my tripple shots. I just questioned your insistence on getting medical check out.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom