Who is ice diving this season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone is planning an ice dive then Id be interested in join in.

we at udt diving are hosting one

now you've done it...

I'm hoping to get an ice dive in this winter. I wanted to do it last winter but missed the "ice window" at the local lake. I'm not willing to travel any long distance to do it however.
If the lake freezes over enough and I can make the time I'll be diving. I want to do one more ice dive before time makes it impossible. If you want I'll contact you before I pull the trigger. The lake will be Beach Pond in RI/CT, the state line runs thru the lake. The site will be at the RI boat ramp and former beach.

Fair warning, you may want to bring your own line tender, there is no safety diver, or medical assistance standing by. I'm not certified for ice diving but have done a half dozen in the last 50 years.

Cold? What’s your definition of cold? 78F works for me and I’d be in:nyah:

If anyone is planning an ice dive then Id be interested in join in.

We are hoping to ice dive in Lake McDonald or Waterton Lake in Glacier National Park this winter. It probably will not happen until Feb.

Another option, if the ice is thin a shore dive can be made under the ice. The last time I did that I was popping up thru the thin ice. It's ice diving without the dangerous overhead. A lot less work too!

yes @AfterDark ..it is fun , but all you are really saving is the time to cut the hole . its still defined as overhead ...and you still need to rope in and observe ALL the procedures , and as a course all the same liability for the instructor .

Back
Top Bottom