Who makes a good weight system that attaches to a harness b/p setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I concur completely with Cybordolphin; the DUI setup is very comfortable and gets the weight off of the lower back (I have degenerative disk disease and anytime I can keep weight off of my lower back it is a godsend). I will not go back to using my integrated weight pouches on my DiveRite BC for bouyancy control. In fact, I am considering removing them entirely from my TransPac II.

cybordolphin once bubbled...
I had some drills removing and replacing weights in water at the surface. For the drills I just used a weight belt. I just released my crotch strap first... removed the weight belt and then replaced the weight belt. Then reinstalled the crotch strap after. That worked. We were not allowed to remove a few weights at a time and put them back in, etc.. It was complete "ditchable" weight removal and replace.

If you ever need to do this again, try putting the weight belt on OVER the strap.
In the event of an emergency and you needing to dump your weight belt in a hurry, the crotch strap might be an issue.
Basically, the weight belt should be the very last thing you don.
ensure it falls clear and simple.

I am no longer using the weight belt. Not an option as far as I am concerned while diving with my BP harness. A weight belt caused all kinds of problems, getting in the way of dive knife, harness waist strap, etc..

However, with regard to not being able to ditch without removal of the crotch strap first.... is actually considered a "good" thing to many bp/harness owners.... due to the type of diving many users are doing (cave, wreck). I know if sounds dangerous.....even to some stupid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom