Who Makes The Best Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know who makes the best but get the wrong Reg and you know what will happen! :idk::dontknow

If you use the wrong reg on a back inflate BCD with split fins AND carry a spare air AND you don't use a 7 foot octo hose YOU WILL DIE!!!

OK. Tell me do. Who makes the best regulator?

(We now know that I make the best sewing machine). :eyebrow:There is no "best" regulator, there are just regulators that better fit a given divers requirements, prejudices and status needs than do other regulators. I dove my ancient Swimaster Voit MR-12 the other day, it was a perfectly adequate regulator for the dive and gave me no cause for complaint ... but then I'd have said the same thing about any of the dozen or so regulators that are kicking around my place. Now ... it one needed to take a regulator to 400 feet at a very remote site, or for some reason one needed to impress someone with the flashiest of gear ... well, a different choice might better serve.

If you use the wrong reg on a back inflate BCD with split fins AND carry a spare air AND you don't use a 7 foot octo hose YOU WILL DIE!!!

If your wearing your Poodle Jacket with your mask on your forehead and no snorkel with your Nitrox spare air and any fin other than SP Jets and use the reg that is not the best YOU WILL ALSO DIE! And if you do Die you have to Log the dive!:dork2::dork2::rofl3:

OK. Tell me do. Who makes the best regulator?

(We now know that I make the best sewing machine). :eyebrow:There is no "best" regulator, there are just regulators that better fit a given divers requirements, prejudices and status needs than do other regulators. I dove my ancient Swimaster Voit MR-12 the other day, it was a perfectly adequate regulator for the dive and gave me no cause for complaint ... but then I'd have said the same thing about any of the dozen or so regulators that are kicking around my place. Now ... it one needed to take a regulator to 400 feet at a very remote site, or for some reason one needed to impress someone with the flashiest of gear ... well, a different choice might better serve.

Thal: I still have my Voit MR-12. a great regulator. It is a true classic. Bill Oliver, who you may know, holds the patent-now expired-on the by pass tube that produces such smooth consistent performance without any second stage tuning knobs, etc.

Bill was at SeaQuest for quite awhile and we were diving together on many company dives. He is now with the Sherwood-Genesis group. He is an excellent engineer and a great diver.

Definately, no Atomic. Atomic was unable to fix a 'squealing' problem in my B2. They even replaced the reg with a new one and the new one squealed between 1100 and 800 psi. I've also learned that the problem has occurred previously with their regulators. Sorry, I don't want a reg that breaths easily and squeals. Rather, I'll stick with my new Oceanic EOS which breaths very easily and is quiet.

Definately, no Atomic. Atomic was unable to fix a 'squealing' problem in my B2. They even replaced the reg with a new one and the new one squealed between 1100 and 800 psi. I've also learned that the problem has occurred previously with their regulators. Sorry, I don't want a reg that breaths easily and squeals. Rather, I'll stick with my new Oceanic EOS which breaths very easily and is quiet.

The squealing is actually a safety feature. You can communicate underwater with your buddies in morse squeals. My B2 is perfect for this. I've trained my buddy to respond to me by using his tank banger. Back home I used to have a pet mamba named Hans. I used to talk to him too with my Atomics squealer.

(Geez...this thread has now passed pointless. I'm sure there's a Monty Python sketch in here somewhere). :coffee:

Yeah, like I was raised in a small leather shoe-box in the back of a dank closet, without any knickers.

Yeah, like I was raised in a small leather shoe-box in the back of a dank closet, without any knickers.

Luxury. I was raised at the bottom of a lake. My brothers and sisters used to suck air down giant straws before our father used to send us to the mill for tuppence a day, then slice us in two with a razor blade and dance and sing hallelujah on our graves.

oh oh oh , pick me, pick me, I want everyone to know what I dive and why i think its the best.

Actually, Scubaboard has taken it one step further, the manufacturers rep will jump in and tell you why thiers is the best.

Actually, Scubaboard has taken it one step further, the manufacturers rep will jump in and tell you why thiers is the best.

Yeah. To heck with them and the scooters they rode in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom