who solos at night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does any one else solo at night?

Is anyone as afraid of a sharks as I am during night solos? :)

Doc Harry:
Does any one else solo at night?

Is anyone as afraid of a sharks as I am during night solos? :)
Love solo night dives. Haven't seen a shark on one but never really worried about it either.

yea, solo is the best for night dive unless you have a great critter spotter with you to hold a light for the photos.

Sharks? ah, no... i like to shine my light on them to get em in closer.. :eyebrow:

First time I saw a shark on a night dive, it did spook me, and I wasn't solo. It only spooked me because it swam right under me...rather quickly. I did end up following it for a bit, then it took off into the darkness. I haven't done a solo night dive yet. There always others who want to dive too! One day...actually maybe this weekend!

I'm always looking over my shoulder at night, with the theme from "Jaws" playing in my head. :sharkattack:

Only happens when I'm alone. At night.

Unfortunately I've yet to do a solo night dive in the ocean:( . I've done a few in freshwater:D . Does watching out for man eating bluegills or blue catfish count?:confused: I mean hey alone they are not much but some of them may not just travel in schools but in packs like at Mt Storm where we carry hot dogs to pay them off:11: !

How ya doin Harry? Long time no see or talk.

JimLap:
How ya doin Harry? Long time no see or talk.

Hi Jim,
Going to Cozumel in two weeks, will certainly do some solo night drift dives down the beach. Scares the ^&%@ out of me, don't know why I do it.

BTW, I gotta get that rescue diver class before next spring, I quit my job as of January and will REALLY have some free time to dive then.
Harry

Doc Harry:
Hi Jim,
Going to Cozumel in two weeks, will certainly do some solo night drift dives down the beach. Scares the ^&%@ out of me, don't know why I do it.

BTW, I gotta get that rescue diver class before next spring, I quit my job as of January and will REALLY have some free time to dive then.
Harry

Check your PM's. Jim

Yes. I do, even at the local quarry or lake. It is a totally different environment. I used to feel I am in the middle of nature.

Doc Harry:
Hi Jim,

Harry

I have done a number of night dives in Cozumel. When we would stay at Hotel Cozumel I would go in at their pier and swim against the current south toward the lighthouse.

With my trusty camera in hand in got lots of pictures of sea urchins, puffer fish, stingrays and lots of tiny fish that I couldn't get close to during the day.

When I would turn the dive I would drift back to the pier.Made for a good hour plus dive. We'll just miss you we heading down Sunday morning and will be coming back Nov. 27th.

Back
Top Bottom