Question Who uses pelvic tilt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would Marie13 advice here give me a good starting point for the pelvic tilt?

It's been so long since I flutter kicked while SCUBA diving I can't remember how much I rotate my hips.

When fitness swimming, I definitely rotate my hips when I'm reaching to start my stroke.

While frog-kicking, absolutely no twist and I don't perceive any tilt. The whole point of the frog kick is to remove the need to contract the abdominal muscles thereby improving one's diaphragmatic breathing. Tilting up or down along a transverse axis of the hips is going to make something contract.

Changing the thrust direction is done by rotating the hips (pelvic tilt).

Could definitely use a video to understand this nuance.

I'm having a hard time picturing this underwater while swimming. Plus not sure how it would help.

Flutter kick comes from the glutes and lower back, if "pelvic tilt" means your hips rotate around the lower spine, that's just how you flutter-kick. As opposed to "bicycle-kick".

In breaststroke, you could angle your kick down and go "wave style" -- that involves the abs and pelvis a little and is totally irrelevant to the "modified frog" kick you'd use on SCUBA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom