Who's Going to the Cozumel Invasion ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I just saved up enough pennies for the hotel portion of this trip, and through conversation with my mom, I told her about it and now she and my elderly uncle want to go (my uncle has a friend who lives in cozumel that he hasn't seen in a while). They are both non-divers (hopefully I can get my mom to 'discover' diving this time around!), and I wanted to ask the price for a tripple-ocp room including 2 non-divers.
I've not stayed at this hotel but I did recently ask a buddy how he and his wife did in the 350 sq ft rooms. He left much of his gear in a dock locker and she's not a diver so he said it wasn't bad - altho two male divers like my bud and me may well have been challenged. I'm still trying to talk him into going on this one instead of our usual August trip, but if we do - we will have separate rooms, no more than the single occupancy rate is.

Looking at the rooms, I got to question if a rollaway would fit, and/or who would sleep with whom. You seem flexible enough to go even if you have to sleep on the balcony, but I think your uncle & mom would have a better experience if you talk them into two rooms for the three of you.

I've not stayed at this hotel but I did recently ask a buddy how he and his wife did in the 350 sq ft rooms. He left much of his gear in a dock locker and she's not a diver so he said it wasn't bad - altho two male divers like my bud and me may well have been challenged. I'm still trying to talk him into going on this one instead of our usual August trip, but if we do - we will have separate rooms, no more than the single occupancy rate is.

Looking at the rooms, I got to question if a rollaway would fit, and/or who would sleep with whom. You seem flexible enough to go even if you have to sleep on the balcony, but I think your uncle & mom would have a better experience if you talk them into two rooms for the three of you.

I really appreciate that insight, but most likely my uncle would have his own bed while my mom and I share (we're italians, so our comfort level may be a little more open, haha). The dive lockers will probably be very nice though, as I'm usually leaving my gear in the shower.

And yes, I'm flexible enough to sleep anywhere! In the past, there have been times where I've fallen asleep (read: passed out) on the beach, balcony, bath tub, and bathroom floor!:idk: ... But if I'm doing a lot of diving, I usually keep the drinking to a minimum.

So I just saved up enough pennies for the hotel portion of this trip, and through conversation with my mom, I told her about it and now she and my elderly uncle want to go (my uncle has a friend who lives in cozumel that he hasn't seen in a while). They are both non-divers (hopefully I can get my mom to 'discover' diving this time around!), and I wanted to ask the price for a tripple-ocp room including 2 non-divers.

I saw that the non-diver rate is 505pp based on double ocp, but what about based on 3-ocp? Also, with me being the only diver, would my rate be 815?

I just went to PDC over thanksgiving, and I can't wait to go again!!!

Hello PanSiren

I just talked to Al at Bay adventures to make sure.
You are correct 505 for the non-divers and 815 for you since it is triple ocp.
Just call Al or Felix at Bay Adventures at 1-888-599-3483 to resever a room.

Hope to see you there
Cardzard

Hello PanSiren

I just talked to Al at Bay adventures to make sure.
You are correct 505 for the non-divers and 815 for you since it is triple ocp.
Just call Al or Felix at Bay Adventures at 1-888-599-3483 to resever a room.

Hope to see you there
Cardzard

Wow, that was really fast, thanks a lot Cardzard!!

These invasions sound like an absolute blast, can't wait to meet and dive with you guys!!

Sure Pete... If I only liked Cozumel.. :wink:

I made our deposits this morning with Felix at Bay Adventures.

Our daughters, grandson and another couple that are friends of our youngest daughter are joining us. They are all non divers, but with the free discover scuba, that may change!!!

Working on going... still on the fence, but it's looking more doable. IF Hermit Crab comes, as a non diver, it looks like there will be plenty of folks for her to hang out with.. trying to convince my non diving sister to join us..

Working on going... still on the fence, but it's looking more doable. IF Hermit Crab comes, as a non diver, it looks like there will be plenty of folks for her to hang out with.. trying to convince my non diving sister to join us..

Is Hermit Crab your teenager? How old is she? My daughter will be 15 at the time if we go.

Back
Top Bottom