Why am I coming up logged in as other people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This morning when I came to ScubaBoard I found myself somehow logged in as eva2000 ... who I've never heard of. I notified NetDoc via email.

When I came back to SB a couple moments later, I was logged in as myself again ... having done nothing to change anything.

A moment ago I suddenly found myself logged in as couv ... who I have heard of. I changed pages to come here and suddenly found myself logged in as myself again.

Can someone please explain what's going on? Why am I suddenly suffering from multiple personality disorder?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... and next I was neildoo ... who I've also never heard of.

I'm seeing a pattern here ... every time I change the screen I come up logged in as someone else. Changing pages again puts me back as myself.

Is this some sort of joke? If so, it ain't funny ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The same thing is happening to me right now it says I am logged in as you (NWGratefuldiver) and ive been logged in as 3 other users so far today as well ??

doh, my fault working on the scubaboard.com servers right now trying something out.

i turned off the new server feature for now, do you get logged in properly now ?

I get logged in as other people every time I change screens. Last time I attempted posting as eva2000 again (who is listed as a site administrator) and got the following message ...
  1. Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Administrator, consider yourself informed ...

Houston, we have a problem ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Same here. Bob (NW Grateful Diver) I was signed in as you a minute a go? Major site security issue.

Why am I suddenly suffering from multiple personality disorder?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob. You might have to sit down for this one....

Just kidding.

I don't believe this is a major security issue, so everyone please remain calm...

We don't think you were actually logged in as that user, it just appeared that way. Eva2000 is testing some other page caching options to boost page load speeds even more. The pages cached the username at the top.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you still get any weird messages... Dump your cache, and clear your cookies for scubaboard.com

Once again... Sorry.

Dang... I'm still only me! I was hoping to live my vicariously through Bob IRT, but I'll have to settle for reading about his exploits again!

Can you guys clear all cookies and browser cache, and close browser and start new browser session now to see if it's fixed

Back
Top Bottom