Why are Mods anonymous and wont answer questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I had to go look it up.
It's still there? I haven't looked at a newsgroup in a very long time. Back when I first went on the Internet in '94, when the WWW was new, and Gopherspace was used more, and Newsgroups were a big deal, I was poking all over to see what was there. Back then, "binaries" didn't mean what it probably means now (in terms of sexual things on the Internet). It was about making images available in a primitive way. One of the funniest things that happened in that context was that someone posted a set of binaries that were supposed to be a "bitc* wearing nothing on but beads at Mardi Gras." They were actually pictures of his dog wearing a necklace. There were furious messages condemning him, because back then people often had modem access and paid for the amount of bytes they downloaded. He made one of the first, best sets of web pages, and one was a posting of the dog pictures along with a compilation of all of the angry messages he got regarding that. (Another was "Babes on the Web," which had pictures of women and brief biographies, and incited vigorous and dutifully compiled attacks from furies who failed to notice that what set the four star women apart was not their appearances but their advanced degrees and professional accomplishments.) Should I have waited to ask this until you had time to finish looking through there? :wink:

It's still there? I haven't looked at a newsgroup in a very long time. Back when I first went on the Internet in '94, when the WWW was new, and Gopherspace was used more, and Newsgroups were a big deal, I was poking all over to see what was there. Back then, "binaries" didn't mean what it probably means now (in terms of sexual things on the Internet). It was about making images available in a primitive way. One of the funniest things that happened in that context was that someone posted a set of binaries that were supposed to be a "bitc* wearing nothing on but beads at Mardi Gras." They were actually pictures of his dog wearing a necklace. There were furious messages condemning him, because back then people often had modem access and paid for the amount of bytes they downloaded. He made one of the first, best sets of web pages, and one was posting of the dog pictures along with a compilation of all of the angry messages he got over that. (Another was "Babes of the Web," which had pictures of women and brief biographies, and incited vigorous and dutifully compiles attacks from furies who failed to notice that what set those women apart was not their appearances but their advanced degrees and professional accomplishments.) Should I have waited to ask this until you had time to finish looking through there? :wink:
All that is left is the alt.sex.bondage page.

While intellectually interesting, it's not very stimulating.

All that is left is the alt.sex.bondage page.

While intellectually interesting, it's not very stimulating.
Is that safe for work viewing? I'm bored.

Is that safe for work viewing? I'm bored.
its 25 chicks looking for you to send them a visa number to talk dirty to you.

Meh

Yes, it's safe for work.

its 25 chicks looking for you to send them a visa number to talk dirty to you.

Meh

Yes, it's safe for work.
meh. too safe.

BS. When people keep asking me to essentially give them my scuba CV over and over again and not even remotely talk on topic, they are not there because they have the same interest.
I just find it every so slightly ironic that you've done that towards others in the past - discrediting their points because you made up things about them such as being beginner divers or other nonsense, which wasn't even remotely relevant to the topic discussed.

I do agree that certain long-time users are given considerably more lenience from mods than others, even though they're quite active in the department of personal attacks and off-topic harassment of other users. I've solved this issue for myself by simply blocking them, since engaging in any type of conversation with them is ultimately just a complete waste of time.

they are not there because they have the same interest.
Do you think they're here because we talk about skiing? Maybe they're here for the cooking tips? It couldn't be Scuba. That'd be way too coincidental. BTW, I don't know what a Scuba CV is.

Do you think they're here because we talk about skiing? Maybe they're here for the cooking tips? It couldn't be Scuba. That'd be way too coincidental. BTW, I don't know what a Scuba CV is.
We have a cooking thread in the Pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom