Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... Mine is Amanda... Very original.

I could have used : "Ratabouini", which is my official nickname since that day when my Dad decided it was gonna be "Ratabouini"... :huh:
with no reason at all !! It doesn't mean anything, even in Papua New Guinea (I made a search !) But I thought maybe Ratabouini was a bit hard for you anglophones to remember ... :)

So Amanda it is !

Amanda once bubbled...
But I thought maybe Ratabouini was a bit hard for you anglophones to remember ... :)

So Amanda it is !

How very considerate of you! :)

(I personally thought it sounded like some kinda pasta dish)

I guess you could credit/blame my LDS for my name.

I would hang out there a lot and sometimes help customers with questions, gear selection etc. The owner would often introduce me to the customers by asking "Have you met John?"

The invariable response was almost always "Oh, so YOU'RE the Cave Diver he told us about!" Being only the second person from my area to take the training, it was somewhat of a novelty to the other divers.

So, the name just kinda stuck.

First name Michele (shell)
Last name: well, let's just say it is the name of a popular bird which resides in most of the Northern hemisphere. (bird)

I am the head of a small Public Service department.
All call me Chief.
Jeffe is Chief, "en Espanol".

TurdHitler but got so many unpleasant
remarks I changed it to Lawman.:D

I like any thing to do with the water (AQUA) and in Rugby league the guys who do all the work on the field are called forwards and the two hardest workers are called props and I'm one of them.

Aqua Prop

You people put WAAAAY too much thought into a nickname as if anyone else really give a #%$@.
The only saving grace is Iguana Don who obviouly knows life is short and you best have fun with it while you can.

Name is Decker and I am a repair Tech.....Has nothing to do with technical diving. Nobody at work ever called me by my first name because we had 3 Karls.
Somehow I got the nickname of Zeke at work because the boss didn't like it when they called me Dectek on the radio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom