Why do Dive Shops Sell Beanies?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can't look glamorous diving, then the next best thing is to look bad-azz. That's the look I'm going for. It's hard to keep lipgloss fresh underwater. :)

TheRedHead:
If you can't look glamorous diving, then the next best thing is to look bad-azz. That's the look I'm going for. It's hard to keep lipgloss fresh underwater. :)

Perhaps a Viking helm would do then ?

As a newbie diver I actually go for the "trying not to look like I'm drowning" look and then I was going to go for "coordinated" I heard you had to be coordinated to dive. So I am going with basic black with blue trim, highlights and accessories.

But I will definately check out the bad-azz next look next. Maybe they offer that as one of my AOW dives!

TheRedHead:
Yeah, and I bet the salt water ruins the leather wetsuit pretty quickly :D

wilkie:
Perhaps a Viking helm would do then ?

Not with a manifold. :shakehead

do it easy:
Yeah, and I bet the salt water ruins the leather wetsuit pretty quickly :D

It's Instradry, baby!

well... my scuba fashion has gone through several phases... more or less in order:

1. the "try not to look like someone who just jumped into the water with no weights on" look (very slimming and chic)

2. the "try not to look like someone who just jumped in with their air turned off" (people were turning blue with envy)

3. the "pained look of someone who just had a tank dropped on their foot" look kept coming back into fashion .... you never know when it may return

and

4. my current look is the "look like a squid frozen in an HID beam of light when you realize you have no clue how to get back to the anchor line."

TheRedHead:
Not with a manifold. :shakehead

Do you wanna dive, or look bad, who are you trying to impress anyway? Girls in dive gear look badass form the start, anyway? (withstanding some notable examples, and honestly, top-side/down-side, give me down-side any day)

If you really want to look GOOD u/w then practice your skills. And become good, simple as that......Don't be asking me how you look, unless it relates to your performance, assuming your a diver.

I have seen many "divers" that "looked" the "part"(male & female), but could not perform, but they looked good on the boat/shore....they carry all types of stuff that they don't know how to use

There is Not a "store buoght" solution, you can play "dressup" ect,-but it don't make you anything special, just means that you bought the stuff-whitch don't mean a thing.

wilkie:
Do you wanna dive, or look bad, who are you trying to impress anyway? Girls in dive gear look badass form the start, anyway? (withstanding some notable examples, and honestly, top-side/down-side, give me down-side any day)

I think you missed the point that this thread is a joke. I can't remember how it started, but it was some kind of a spoof on a thread that DD started over a year ago. :rolleyes:

There is Not a "store buoght" solution, you can play "dressup" ect,-but it don't make you anything special, just means that you bought the stuff-whitch don't mean a thing.

I don't know about you, but I can walk that walk. I'm a technical diver (puffs out chest) by gosh and I need to to look bad-azz! Do you think I'm going to wear a beanie with my doubles? I can't wear a Viking helmet either with my doubles; I could impale myself doing valve drills. What were you thinking? :mooner:

This is a Rule 6 violation fo'shizzle:

decorative-viking-helmet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom