Why...do men???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubak

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so I ask the DBF...hey, in the shed lets put up a really cool drysuit hanger. You know a PVC pipe suspended from the rafter, so the drysuits can be tossed over it. It is simple. And why we are at it, we should cut a couple of holes in below the ceiling to allow for an air exchange...next I get a whole plan to put in an exhaust fan, seperate hangers...a light and a heater...For Jimminy Crikets..we live in the NW...we dive all the time...no need to plan this expensive stuff and the electric bill to boot...
Now am I being unrealistic...I just wanted a hanger and some ventilation...not a f$%#@ drying room...the electric bill can't afford it and besides there is too much other crap in the shed...
I guess I am just crazy and needed to vent...how come so simplistic became so complicated?
Your 2cents??
K

Because simple:
a) doesn't involve enough power tools.
b) doesn't involve multiple trips to the hardware store.
c) doesn't involve numerous conversation with the mates on how it should be done, how it has been done, how it's been seen done...
d) actually gets done :wink:

Obviously, because it wasn't his idea.

scubak:
Ok, so I ask the DBF...hey, in the shed lets put up a really cool drysuit hanger.

And why we are at it, we should cut a couple of holes in below the ceiling to allow for an air exchange.

Your 2cents??
K

Here's an idea. Put up what you want in the shed, and leave him out of it. If it's what YOU want, no need to get a *man* involved right? I'm sure you can manage it yourself.

Don't b****. At least he's doing something about it. Unless he's just planning, in which case I retract my criticism.

Hey! Hey! Power tools and hardware stores ROCK!
Planning is fun...
Follow-through is another matter though.

Thanks for all the great replies...
I am laughing as well.
Thanks again.
K

HEy there is a good basis platform to work from.

A aluminium shed kit. Rental Concrete mixer for the floor. The bamboo of America PVC pipe. Some Low Velocity Fans. A low volt heater coil. The cool factor multiplier..a solar collection panel to run the fans and heater coil. This way there would be ZERO cost to your eletrical bill.

Of course the Upfront cost will be higher but it will pay for itself in a few thousand dives. If he builds the shed a little larger he can put in a bench seat so you can go out there together, sit and watch your suits dry!

Back
Top Bottom