Why...do men???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way I see it is that it is a way to do something dive related while one is not actually diving. Kinda like cleaning and fondling a favorite rifle before hunting season or putting new line on the fishing reels.Also some of us are natural born tinkerers. I actually miss going down to the dock and working on my old boat for hours because something always needed fixing. Everything always works on the new one and if I add any more accessories I think it might sink.

Guys often need to overanalyze construction projects -- the stupendous plans usually never pan out, though and sooner or later they'll generally come around and do the simple thing...

OMG! I can relate - we have to add voltage to EVRYTHING at my houe---little do they think it ALL adds up - do the math and yes I am with the other reply - It wasn't "HIS" idea---therefore he needed to add something so HE would get the credit in the end. - and...I bet you aren't blonde!!! LOL! Good luck - hey it is a great idea.

wanadive:
OMG! I can relate - we have to add voltage to EVRYTHING at my houe---little do they think it ALL adds up - do the math and yes I am with the other reply - It wasn't "HIS" idea---therefore he needed to add something so HE would get the credit in the end. - and...I bet you aren't blonde!!! LOL! Good luck - hey it is a great idea.

Uhm. Its entirely possible that he's that particular kind of ******* that needs to have His stamp on everything, but I kinda doubt it. You're just witnessing how straight males interact with the rest of the world. Have you ever seen a bunch of guys sitting around a room, drinking beer and going "dude, we could totally do [...]"?

consider yourself lucky - hubby version of doing DIY; "honey - what do you think if we put a hanger from the garage rafters so we can....." and then he says as he gets into the car to leave for his 4 day liveaboard "how long do you think it will take you to do it"

yep - this happens everytime - hubby got home last night after a 3 day liveaboard to view the completed wall of shelving i did over the weekend :)

whata woman...and you cook too?

we need a wife like you. (somebody who makes muffins instead of sea snake boiling away, yuk)

Some men would buy a bag of **** if it had "heavy duty" stamped on it.

I personally am not the best builder in the world. I work alot with stage and theatre stuff, and while I'm in charge of all the technical stuff at my school (getting paid woot woot!) I let my good friend and dive buddy have total control over building stuff. He can look at something and see how it should be built. I can look at an empty space and see what should go there. I tell him what needs to go there, he tells me what we need to get it built, I tell the director what we need and how it will cost, he and I go to home depot and get it, and he builds it. I simply help hold things and all that.

But, I do have pretty wild plans with alot of things. Let me think about it and we'll go from a simple pipe hung to dry something to an entire room of the house with a trough along one wall with sensors so that as soon as something is laid in it, water begins to run over it. There will be a heavy duty curtain hung down the room, the side with water will be a "wetroom," the floor will be 2" lower on that side (all of it will be bare concrete) and will have drains, so I can spillw ater wherever. The other side will be a "dry room," There will be hangers that activate as soon as something is set on them, blowing mildly warm air on and through the wetsuit and BC--one hose will clamp on the dump valve and on on the inflator to run dry air through it until it senses the humidity in the water leaving the BC has dropped sufficently. Air will also blow through my wetsuit four a set amount of time, probably 4 hours. The curtain will allow me to easily make it into one large room when I'm packing gear up or loading gear in, and keeps me from having to get my dive buddy to hang a door for me :)

JahJahwarrior:
I personally am not the best builder in the world. I work alot with stage and theatre stuff, and while I'm in charge of all the technical stuff at my school (getting paid woot woot!) I let my good friend and dive buddy have total control over building stuff. He can look at something and see how it should be built. I can look at an empty space and see what should go there. I tell him what needs to go there, he tells me what we need to get it built, I tell the director what we need and how it will cost, he and I go to home depot and get it, and he builds it. I simply help hold things and all that.

But, I do have pretty wild plans with alot of things. Let me think about it and we'll go from a simple pipe hung to dry something to an entire room of the house with a trough along one wall with sensors so that as soon as something is laid in it, water begins to run over it. There will be a heavy duty curtain hung down the room, the side with water will be a "wetroom," the floor will be 2" lower on that side (all of it will be bare concrete) and will have drains, so I can spillw ater wherever. The other side will be a "dry room," There will be hangers that activate as soon as something is set on them, blowing mildly warm air on and through the wetsuit and BC--one hose will clamp on the dump valve and on on the inflator to run dry air through it until it senses the humidity in the water leaving the BC has dropped sufficently. Air will also blow through my wetsuit four a set amount of time, probably 4 hours. The curtain will allow me to easily make it into one large room when I'm packing gear up or loading gear in, and keeps me from having to get my dive buddy to hang a door for me :)

You forgot the epoxy floor finish and the FRP panels on the walls and....

Nay:
Also, you live the PNW. It rains all the time, holes in the ceiling for ventilation would get your gear wet something like 300 days a year.

I agree.
Ceiling + hole = bad things

Here's one for the books. My BF and I are redoing our powder room. I just finished all of the painting and he was going to hang a towel ring. He drills a hole and hits a metal stud (metal :confused: ). Before I can say a word he jams the drill into another spot. So now there are 2 huge holes in the wall and neither of them will work. Again he jams another hole and hangs the towel ring pretty close to the damn ceiling. I'm thinking to myself "Great! Our guests are going to need a F%@# ladder to reach the hand towel. We removed the towel ring and now there are huge spackel marks. I will be repainting tomorrow :(

Back
Top Bottom