Why do you dive?

What are the mean reasons you dive?

• I dive because I like the diving by itself

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • I dive because I enjoy what I see under water

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • I dive because of another reason (please indicate which reason!)

Votes: 23 21.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmm....When you can't be jumping over tall buildings, diving seems like just as much fun.....

To, as with protracted fornication, almost stop language (in a structuralist sense).

if I don't, then I wasted a LOT of money on Scuba gear.

Actually it is just a joy to explore new (or even old) places, and to expand my horizons. I like the sensations and sights and all that goes with it (except diesel fumes!)

I have forced myself to remember that I work to live, I don't live to work, so the last few years I do a lot more ME things, and one of my favorites is diving. Of course Roller Hockey and Downhill Ski Racing are pretty damn cool too!

Wristshot

I like diving because its a relaxing and challenging sport and also because of the stuff i see down there:D

I just like to do it. I like to be underwater and I can make it anything I want it to be. I can do a relaxing fish watching/photo dive with my wife and/or son. I can also change the game by doing a 200 ft wreck or cave dive where it takes me all week to just mix all the gas and get gear ready.

After owning a dive shop for almost 4 years I was fed up. A few weeks ago it wouldn't have bothered me if you told me that I could never dive again. I decided to take some time off and hit the Florida caves and see if I could enjoy it again. I had a blast and I'm back. Never again will I let a student, agency or any kind of business get between me and MY diving.

Hmm... interesting question... And it's quite interesting with how i started it... Hee... :eek:ut:

I just started diving this year... got my OW in May 03 in Pulau Dayang, Malaysia... welllll.... I did it just becos someone organised it and a friend kept asking me to go... Hee... So I went for it... Not knowing what was to be expected...

But then when I'm "in" it... I'm totally mezmerized by the beautiful of the underwater world... the different creatures... the colorful nudibranches... fishes... it's a whole new experience... & I LUV IT!

Well... all i can say is... My next trip is coming in Sept... to the beautiful beach of Malaysia... Pulau Tioman

Cheers,
Geo :D

Wristshot once bubbled...
I have forced myself to remember that I work to live, I don't live to work, so the last few years I do a lot more ME things, and one of my favorites is diving.

How true!

i started diving with the full intention of simply jumping into warm crystal clear waters once a year when i went on holiday but it soon became clear that it was the act of diving that i was hooked on rather than just the locations.

once i started to look at any old expanse of water, sea, lake quarry, evem the ornamental pond at the local shopping centre, wondering what it was like under the surface i knew it was more about the act of diving than any thing else.

the weightlessness, being a visitor in an alied environment, seeing and doing things that otehrwise would be invisible to me all make diving the sport to be in.

don't get me wrong, the spectacular wildlife and topography make dives special, but i'm equally happy in three metres of sea water off the south coast with only rocks for company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom