Why does PADI make it so hard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Boy, got a really great offer from PADI in the mail. 3 year renewal, only $79. Woohoo sign me up....Wait, We have a family membership.....Call PADI....Nope...no can do...Only a single membership for the great deal.... I have had problems with the family membership since I signed up.....They didn't even acknowledge Cheddarguy..It took a year to straighten that out.....Makes me want to not even spend the money with them.......I can't understand how they can't make a 3 year family membership work.....

Hm... I didn't even know we were supposed to join! Another memo I didn't get...

Richard

Why would you join? What do you get for your money?

SPORT Diver magazine and some really cheap bags/hats etc.. And yes I speak from experience :blush: but I do like getting the magazine.

Boy, got a really great offer from PADI in the mail. 3 year renewal, only $79. Woohoo sign me up....Wait, We have a family membership.....Call PADI....Nope...no can do...Only a single membership for the great deal.... I have had problems with the family membership since I signed up.....They didn't even acknowledge Cheddarguy..It took a year to straighten that out.....Makes me want to not even spend the money with them.......I can't understand how they can't make a 3 year family membership work.....

If it helps any, I got the three year membershipbut every year I still get the renewal packages offering to simply charge my credit card and when I call them, they say "Oh just ignore that paperwork, it gets sent out to everybody every year..."

They keep sending me return address labels; thats appreciated and I haven't given them a dime past certification. :D

Ah....I see a trend...Do I really need them??? I am certified after all......

What does a "family" membership get you that a "single" membership doesn't anyway? How many copies of the magazine does one need?

If you're looking for hats, shirts, bags, coffee cups or whatever, just go out and buy some with the money you save on the single membership.

Is a PADI membership really just the magazine and intermittent freebies? Any sort of service provided?

Your certification never expires, so the membership seems pretty pointless unless you really like SPORT Diver.

Back
Top Bottom