Why hunt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised how this thread has stayed civil. I am not sure about everyone else but I was taught to thanks God for any animal I have had the honor to harvest. God doesn't to let anyone harvest plants or animals. Yes, I could probably kill many animals but I only take a few and allow many others swim or walk to live their live.

Many hunters are very active as conservationist to make sure that there are animals in the future. In Texas (as many other state) hunters have worked to pass law to help protect animals so future generation will have them around.

Uncle Ricky hunts thread violators!

That last "hunter hater" only lasted 30 minutes...not bad time Rick!

I sure am glad I didn't spend any time making a tactful rebuttal.

Chad

Chad Carney:
Uncle Ricky hunts thread violators!

That last "hunter hater" only lasted 30 minutes...not bad time Rick!

I sure am glad I didn't spend any time making a tactful rebuttal.

Chad
'Twas the Kraken with the keen eye on the last one...
Rick

but, if we are playing nicely, we still can't talk about it?

Just thought I'd remind everyone.
"The Underwater Hunting Forum is here to discuss where to hunt, how to hunt, hunting equipment, seafood recipes and hunting adventures. It is not the place for folks who are not underwater hunters (or at least have an interest in becoming underwater hunters). If you're here to complain about spearfishing or lobstering or any other kind of hunting underwater you've come to the wrong place. If you have any questions at all about whether a post is appropriate here, please PM me first and I'll be happy to screen it for you.
Your cooperation is appreciated.
Rick"

100days-a-year:
Just thought I'd remind everyone.
"The Underwater Hunting Forum is here to discuss where to hunt, how to hunt, hunting equipment, seafood recipes and hunting adventures. It is not the place for folks who are not underwater hunters (or at least have an interest in becoming underwater hunters). If you're here to complain about spearfishing or lobstering or any other kind of hunting underwater you've come to the wrong place. If you have any questions at all about whether a post is appropriate here, please PM me first and I'll be happy to screen it for you.
Your cooperation is appreciated.
Rick"
Moderator in the making. :D
The dissemination of information on this board can be "talked"about by playing nicely. Combative conflict is generally not the best way to profer perspective. On this board there are no such things as winners and losers. We all gain...

Not that I mind any discussion of the relative merits,cost/benefit analysis,risk/reward comparisons etc..
I hunt(spearfish) because I can.It is illegal in some parts of the world and on SCUBA in most parts.I have dove from the Med and Middle East to the Eastern,Middle and Western Caribbean.From South Carolina to the Dry Tortugas.The Azores and Bermuda.I always respect not only the individual animal but the ecosystem it belongs to.

My wife and quite few ladies I know would probly be somewhat taken aback by the testosterone comments.To see a few of them you could visit www.spearboard.com or some of the freediving websites.I general I find the lady spearfishers just as capable and much more willing to learn from others.

ok, sorry. I mean it in the physiological biochemical sense. Actually, it is very scientific but taken in the street -sense, maybe offensive. I will save it for PM's.

In general, it is a male thing. I will stand by that no matter what your wife and Jill Riffe do. (no disrespect intended)

Okay, I googled testosterone and hunting. Let's just say there is compelling scientific evidence. If that is not politically acceptable, I cannot dialog anymore because the boundaries are just too artificial. This sort of thing is Time magazine cover story material, you guys. Mainstream science in my opinion.

I hunt out of love for my environment and my desire to become a part of it. I eat what I kill, and only kill what I will eat or use in some fashion. I thank God each time I make a kill. I don't need to kill to have a successful hunt. It would be good if more people hunted. Maybe it would close the gap that has been created between the majority of humans and their environment.

TwoBit

Back
Top Bottom