Why I love Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Ted for posting a positive topic!

This is not in any particular order:

- The local people
- My students
- My divers
- The food
- Breakfast looking at the sea
- The music
- The live music at the plaza
- The deep sea fishing
- The stars at night on the other side of the island
- The turtles on the other side of the island
- Cedral Wall dove my way
- My husband
- My neighbors
- The color of the water, this will never get boring
- The sand between my toes
- The quietness
- The security
- The possibility to make my hobby my work and it still does not feel like work!
- Our home
- My dog
- The social life, it is still a small town
- The colors under water
- The climate
- The easy life
- The smiles on peoples faces

Keep up the positivism!

Can you share the way you dive Cedral wall?

The first thing I love about Cozumel is walking up to the glass at the security checkpoint and seeing our friends waiting there for us, then giving them big hugs as we head to the car.

The second thing is opening the first beer with them at their house and relaxing and catching up.

Of course, the first meal at any of the awesome restaurants.

The peaceful (and short) walk to the pier before any of the pods hatch to catch the boat. Seeing our friends smiling faces as we say buenas dias.

The second dive of the first day. The first one is usually spent getting everything dialed in for the week.

Meeting the other folks on the boat. Sometimes they are friends from past trips and sometimes they are future friends. Diving with folks in Cozumel allows us to cross all social and cultural lines and relish in the common love of diving.

Knowing there will always be divers with less experience than me that I can help and there will always be divers with more experience than me that can help me become a better diver.

Being nice to everyone and having the niceness returned.

The square with my wife and friends.

Visiting the pier where I asked my wife to marry me at sunset.

Salsa bands.

Pancho's.

Diving with my wife who, before she earned her AOWC in Cozumel, did not like the water, was claustrophobic, was not a "sports person", refused to go deep, didn't like fish and hated neoprene. Ok, she still hates the neoprene! Now all I hear is, "Can we do some more swim throughs?" Thank you Blanca, for changing our lives!

There are more but you all know what they are!

The locals, ex pats, and transplants,are all to be aplauded for their work ethic. Just look at the different responses between New Orleans and Coz. 10 days after spending days in the worst of a cat 5 hurricane, Coz was ready for business. And all had a smile on their faces.

Bosco

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom