Trip Report Why I Won't Be Returning to Cozumel-Part 1,2&3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The young lady who treated her was professional, thorough, pleasant and not at all rushed (unlike most doctors in the US it seems).
A local hospital administrator once told me that the Docs and PAs spend twice as much time on paperwork justifying the treatment as they do with the patients.

No one does a belly flop intentionally.
You need to get out more - plenty of people intentionally do belly flops. You’ll find many examples on YouTube. Jimmy Kimmel even has an annual competition on his late night show:

You need to get out more - plenty of people intentionally do belly flops. You’ll find many examples on YouTube. Jimmy Kimmel even has an annual competition on his late night show:
Not the first time I've heard that, but I doubt that he broke his neck in a bellyflop.

Not the first time I've heard that, but I doubt that he broke his neck in a bellyflop.

I have no idea if that is how he broke his neck as I was not there - I was just pointing out that, contrary to your statement that "No one does a belly flop intentionally" (that you now admit you have heard of) , many people actually do...

(that you now admit you have heard of
No, I admit that it's not the first time I heard "You need to get out more"

No, I admit that it's not the first time I heard "You need to get out more"
Don, no need to worry. If you ever did a belly flop, the blow would be cushioned by your life vest, CO meters, EPIRBs, CO monitors, smoke detectors, emergency strobes and other safety devices found around your torso!

Are you saying he was doing an intentional belly flop, overrotated and hit his head on the bottom of the pool breaking his neck?

Diving and hitting ones head is a well known way to break ones neck. A proper belly flop has nothing to do with hitting ones head. (See the video above for evidence).

Are you saying he was doing an intentional belly flop, overrotated and hit his head on the bottom of the pool breaking his neck?

Diving and hitting ones head is a well known way to break ones neck. A proper belly flop has nothing to do with hitting ones head. (See the video above for evidence).
:uparrow:

Agree. Healthcare in the USA is about making CEOs and shareholders rich by denying care.
It is not about providing healthcare.

The courts have ruled that insurance corporations are NOT practicing medicine without a license when they deny care. Both the healthcare system and the judicial systems in the USA are completely broken. Thanks, in large part, to lawyers.

I got a simple knee brace in January. It cost $900, which I had to pay myself. I asked why it cost so much. The company supplying the brace told me, "It's January. You haven't met your insurance deductable. We can charge you whatever we want, because you either pay it or you don't get the brace."
Agree with quite a bit here, but I lay the blame on the voters who elect people (yes many of whom are lawyers) who pass laws that benefit the insurance industry and who vote against laws that would benefit people when they seek healthcare. In a democracy, you get the government you deserve.

Agree with quite a bit here, but I lay the blame on the voters who elect people (yes many of whom are lawyers) who pass laws that benefit the insurance industry and who vote against laws that would benefit people when they seek healthcare. In a democracy, you get the government you deserve.
Not defending Insurance CO’s, but how about the HUGE number of Americans that pursue lifestyle practices that have resulted in a monstrously overweight and unhealthy population? Many just want to pop a bill or get a treatment to fix what are largely self-induced health conditions. Health starts with personal responsibility which too many people don’t bother to deal with these days…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom