Why is DIR all black?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS??? :D

loosebits once bubbled...
[B...............

Anyway, I'm looking for a pink 50# wing with yellow flowers on it, can anyone recommend a source. [/B]

It is kind of funny, the trend to all black. The rec guys started noticing that the tech divers were favoring black so now black is starting to get more popular in rec gear. What's even funnier is watching a DIR diver try to justify his/her all black gear. They will say how you can't see colors at depth or that it will eventually fade and won't be as visible anyway. Aren't faded hot-pink fins more visible at 50' than black fins anyway? At 100', maybe not but at least you got some benefit from them on the way down. What you will never hear from a DIR diver is the real reason - black makes us look cool - has anyone seen my submachine gun and night vision goggles?

Anyway, I'm looking for a pink 50# wing with yellow flowers on it, can anyone recommend a source.
...it is not quite as funny as people who sit around and worry about what color someone else's gear is. Who the hell cares anyway?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer black gear also but it's because I do want to look cool but with DIR's general philosophy, it's hard to understand why you don't see more hot-pink DIR divers and Halcyon doesn't ditch their all black product line in favor of an all pink one.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer black gear also but it's because I do want to look cool but with DIR's general philosophy, it's hard to understand why you don't see more hot-pink DIR divers and Halcyon doesn't ditch their all black product line in favor of an all pink one.
You don't get much choice since all that stuff comes in black only anyway. If you go with Halcyon stuff, you are doomed to have all black gear unless you dye it!

How do you explain George Irvine and Jarrod wearing red drysuits?

Good for them!! Hot pink is better though - with flowers :)

I saw this guy wearing a full yellow-green wetsuit at a dive site a month ago. Dozens of people were looking at this guy and snickering. I kept wondering if he really chose this suit by choice or if it was the only thing he could afford on the clearance rack.

jasondbaker once bubbled...
I saw this guy wearing a full yellow-green wetsuit at a dive site a month ago. Dozens of people were looking at this guy and snickering. I kept wondering if he really chose this suit by choice or if it was the only thing he could afford on the clearance rack.
That's the new "Nitrox Certified" line of gear... :wink:

mwilding once bubbled...
That's the new "Nitrox Certified" line of gear... :wink:

Yeah... if it isn't that colour, you can't be sure that it is Nitrox-clean and you may risk combustion when your Nitrox-enriched sweat meets the neoprene. It's quite a serious condition... just imagine your whole body being on fire!

What's worse is if you pee -- the urine has such a high concentration of combustible materials and, with Nitrox, a very high concentration of oxygen. It will actually burn right back inside you. A friend of my second cousin twice-removed had that happen to him.
:wink: :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom