Suggestion Why is trolling ok in all forums except DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
Or, is it that DIR is a special "no trolling zone" where fines are doubled?

I'm mystified....

I never cease to be amazed at the things that I obviously don't have enough information about to properly understand....

... in all forums except DIR... it is just that in order to start a DIR forum we needed to ensure that it didn't just degenerate into a flame fest since as you no doubt know DIR is a very controversial subject.

Sean have you read the link on trolling that I provided? Perhaps that will provide you with the information needed to understand.

Uncle Pug:
... Trolling is not OK in all forums except DIR...

Oh if only this were so.

All one has to do to bring out the trolls is ask a simple question about ...

- split fins
- any BCD that's not a backplate
- any piece of gear that's not suitable for technical diving

... and alas, the trolls come a'calling. Worse, they typically download large rations of disinformation, using terms that aren't fit for polite conversation, often displaying an amazing lack of real knowledge about the topic at hand.

Honestly, I think many of the resident "experts" learned everything they know about diving on TheDecoStop.com ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow, thats a perfect example of a troll right there...

LOL ... and so it is ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think the question is trying to find out why the rule on trolls applies only to the DIR forum and not to the entire board. I'm wondering why a special rule on trolls for one section of the board.

One man's troll is another's honest question.

This is a "rule" that appears to be massively subject to abuse at the 'discretion' of a particular band of zealots to silence honest debate - or criticism.

Big surprise eh? After all, it is the DIR forum, and one of the founding principles of "doing it wright" is that you cannot question what is pronounced from on high!

Long live the Pope!

Back
Top Bottom