Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flights to the PI from CONUS are not that long.....
Some people genuinely care about others.....
A lot of people simply don't know about how great we have it in the Paradise Islands.....

Oh, and it's diving......SPARE NO EXPENSE OR TIME!!!! IT'S DIVING!!!

Where is CONUS? Is that short for Continental USA?

yep.....

Flights from the west coast are about 13 hours if you bypass Honolulu, but PAL stops there with a lot of them and it's 10.5 from there (or 11). From Ohio eastward, EST is 12 hours behind the Philippines. You can't get much farther than that.
Minneapolis or Detroit to Narita, 11.5-12 hours (2 hour layover) and another 4 to Manila.
Houston to Honolulu, 7.5, another 8-9 to Guam and another 3 to Manila. And then you have to overnight in Manila. There's no way around it Babydamulag...it's far....but I love going there.

Try flying to Fiji or Kwajelain .....23 + hours from the US. I got your meaning though. It is worth it. IT IS DIVING!

Bisugo - the reason people are appearing aggressive at times is, to be blunt, you yak on about an idealistic world, but, as far as anyone can see, aren't willing to do anything more about it than post on a public forum telling other people what they should do.

If you REALLY want to make a difference to PI diving tourism, start a travel agency, start consulting, put ads in the back of five magazines in North America... Heck, look at Maggies sig - she is doing more than you are and she is one of those criticising you!

Look at Jonix and Shugar, they too have links in their sigs promoting PI. And they are hardly the only ones.

Look at BabyD - sure, not everyone agrees with his ideas - but he is putting his money where his mouth is, and he is doing something. that demands respect.

Actions speak louder...

z...

Bisugo - the reason people are appearing aggressive at times is, to be blunt, you yak on about an idealistic world, but, as far as anyone can see, aren't willing to do anything more about it than post on a public forum telling other people what they should do.

Zee, no one is telling people what to do. And, what if I am. You are free to ignore me. If it does not matter to anyone, why pay attention to me. I am doing something about my ideas but it takes time to implement it. Like any business idea, you will have to do your due diligence first before you jump into the deep end. Have you not heard about business plans? I have started my own business first before I got bought out. I did my homework before jumping into the pool. If you don't do your homework, you increase your risks. Now, you don't want to expose your hard earned money in a risky venture would you?

If you REALLY want to make a difference to PI diving tourism, start a travel agency, start consulting, put ads in the back of five magazines in North America... Heck, look at Maggies sig - she is doing more than you are and she is one of those criticising you!...

I am not dumb. I know she is criticizing me. However, since its a public forum, I let her have the floor and say what she wants to say even it is sound stupid. I knew it was a personal attack which is unwarranted but I chose to ignore it. How can someone who have not contributed anything positive to this thread just freak out and starts cursing like a banshee as a response to a innocent inquiry (just trying to stir up some discussion to get to know you guys better). It is just plain rude. For Pete's sake this is an open discussion. If you don't like what I am saying, just ignore it. Don't take it personally.

Look at Jonix and Shugar, they too have links in their sigs promoting PI. And they are hardly the only ones.

Look at BabyD - sure, not everyone agrees with his ideas - but he is putting his money where his mouth is, and he is doing something. that demands respect.

Actions speak louder...
z...

Zee, what you put in your signature is your business. What I put in mine is mine. It seems that I cannot engage people here in some constructive and positive discussion. If you don't have anything good to say, don't mimic Maggie just because... Really, I thought I could get along with you guys but I do not know why you treat me like this. Give me some slack here. It seems that I am not welcome.

And Maggie, if you don't have anything good to say, please shut up. You are ruining an otherwise good discussion.

tsk tsk ....now now don't take it too hard
614200612357.jpg

why go? you still need to discuss some specifics....

Don't be so hard on Phil. He has a love for his country. Most out of country Filipinos have the same feeling. I sure do. He is doing something indirectly - this thread has gotten over 4,000 views. It might motivate people who have been reading this thread to act, if not himself. How much would he have to do to get people to take him seriously? The smallest act is still an act in the right direction. Imagine if the whole Philippines had a passion like Phil.

Phil hasn't been diving in the Philippines. But he sees implementation of conservation and being more green in other places and wonders "why can't the Philippines strive to be like this?" The thing is, the Philippines is striving to be better, it just takes time. It's not that the Philippines should be JUST like North America, it's that it can improve. He's right there. And yes, the Philippines is doing progressively well with its tourism and it has been getting more exposure. I don't see any harm in him wanting more from his country but at least he can acknowledge its accomplishments thus far.

Now let's play devil's advocate and switch it the other way around - should we take seriously some of posts of people that have only lived in the Philippines? how would they know how much better it could be? Some of the things Phil is talking about are ingeniously simple. Even if all the houses in a Barangay switched to efficient light bulbs they would be saving in the long run plus be more green at the same time. Jeeze, I personally think that if every driver stays in their lane and every jeepney, FX and bus move ALL the way to the right when stopping the traffic would improve (maybe only slightly but still!)!

And Phil: one thing I hope this thread motivates you to do is to come dive here asap! :)

edit: AND THIS IS THE INTERNET PEOPLE! serious business my backside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom