Why service working regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro warranty

Would it be hijacking to ask about servicing a BC here? Seems like we have some very knowledgeable members on this thread. I've heard have it serviced every year; I bought my Oceanic Probe at Leisure Pro and they said don't bother unless there is a problem - but they would service the BC only with a Reg service: $50 package. :thumb: Nice package.

First, your BC generally has some sort of inflator on it, and may actually hold your alternate air source (air-2, etc.). The AAS definitely needs service at some interval, depending on if you beleive the manufacturer and how lucky you feel.

The BC itself needs to be inspected for leaks (valves, hoses, fabric, seams, fittings,etc.) and the overpressure valves need to be checked among other things.

While you probably won't immediately die if you don't inspect it, it would generally suck if you find yourself on the surface with a BC that won't hold air, or an Air-2 that freeflows, an inflator that doesn't or an hose or fitting that disassembles itself while you're hovering over a wall.

"Send it back if there's a problem" is like buying a car where the dealer says "If you ever can't stop, and drive off a cliff, bring it back and we'll take a look at the brakes"

Terry

First, your BC generally has some sort of inflator on it, and may actually hold your alternate air source (air-2, etc.). The AAS definitely needs service at some interval, depending on if you beleive the manufacturer and how lucky you feel.

The BC itself needs to be inspected for leaks (valves, hoses, fabric, seams, fittings,etc.) and the overpressure valves need to be checked among other things.

While you probably won't immediately die if you don't inspect it, it would generally suck if you find yourself on the surface with a BC that won't hold air, or an Air-2 that freeflows, an inflator that doesn't or an hose or fitting that disassembles itself while you're hovering over a wall.

"Send it back if there's a problem" is like buying a car where the dealer says "If you ever can't stop, and drive off a cliff, bring it back and we'll take a look at the brakes"

Terry
My bud & I both had them service a couple of years ago, and we inspect them and care for them well I think. We do drill on oral inflating and weight dropping in case of emergencies. Need to include disconnecting and connecting the fill hose I suppose. I'm undecided but not going to send it in this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom