Why the SS Benwood is my favorite wreck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva, I've been doing a lot of diving with Rainbow Reef. They are so helpful, courteous and fun to be around. One of the most professionally run ops I have ever been associated with. Can't wait to see their new digs... they move in tomorrow from what I understand.

I saw a quick video clip on Facebook that Rainbow Reef operations manager Billy Wise posted. Things are looking great at Rainbow Reef :D His post said their opening date was August 12th. I can't wait to see what the new place looks like - may just have to come on down for a visit :banana:

Might have something to do with the bait ball that was on the bow last year. Burned up an 80 just hanging there motionless and letting a giant school of silversides surround me and move in and out.:biggrin::biggrin:

Pardon the image. It doesn't do it justice (image capture from a compressed vid), but here's a shot. The real thing was fun to watch. :)

minnowsedit.jpg

My son and I were supposed to dive the Benwood on our open water cert but never got to. Looks and sounds like we might need to come down soon. Does rainbow reef have guided dives?

Humpinit, they do and most of them are instructors or instructor candidates. All of them have been more than capable, at least in my estimation. Jim and I were the only ones on the boat not diving with a guide.

Bait balls are always fantastic and they can be found in different places here in Key Largo. Here's a video I shot on the Speigel Grove this past month:

I agree with NetDoc. All of the guides are completely capable. Not only that, they are tons of fun. We have been on hundreds of dives in Key Largo with Rainbow Reef. We really have no need for a dive guide. But the fact is...we have so much more fun when we dive with the guides that we don't want to miss out!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom