Why use a double hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is kinda cool I'm glad I asked. Maybe someday I'll try one

It would be even better with the DSV.... :stirpot:

And.... give you reason to crank up the venturi for amazing performance in every attitude. :poke::stirpot:

I don't have a DH setup, but add me to the, "Thinks it's cool" list. Kinda like driving around in a 1967 Pontiac GTO. Newer cars are easier to start, get better gas mileage, less maintenance, etc... However, the sound of a 400+ cubic inch engine through dual exhaust sounds pretty damn cool. Plus, the chicks dig it. :dork2:

I don't have a DH setup, but add me to the, "Thinks it's cool" list. Kinda like driving around in a 1967 Pontiac GTO. Newer cars are easier to start, get better gas mileage, less maintenance, etc... However, the sound of a 400+ cubic inch engine through dual exhaust sounds pretty damn cool. Plus, the chicks dig it. :dork2:

I think older cars are easier to repair yourself.

Be careful, or the vintage virus will infect you and your dive gear will look like this: :)

KaibBM.jpg

vhs67X.jpg

Which is kind of like a PRAM. Take that vintage muscle car, and put a Hell-crate 800 horse beast in it..

I'm just curious as to what the advantages/disadvantages of double hose configurations.

I've never used one but I am aware that they exist and some like them.

Just a curiosity for some light discussion while on partial lockdown.

Because I learned with a DH regulator in 1966 and used them for years and though I have nothing against SH regulators and quite like some of them I just never fully made the transition to them.

IMG-2518.jpg

As well, the Argonaut Kraken raises the performance bar above most SH regulators or at least matches them. They do have different characteristics, some good and some bad, and those could be a steep curve for some who are not willing to change breathing habits or reconfigure their rig or change gear choices to suit a DH regulator.

single-vs-double-hose.jpg

regpoisition.jpg

DH regulators are much quieter (save for single stage units) and there are no bubbles in my face or exploding in my ears. There are no bubbles obscuring my camera VF and I find that I can approach some wildlife much closer with the rear bubble exhaust which is hidden from view largely from the critter.

N

They do look cool. I have wanted a Kraken for a while, just to try and 'cause it looks cool. But, I just can't pry the money out of my wallet. I only dive OC at all when I'm teaching (and then it's mostly doubles), or if I go on a trip, like I did on Blackbeard's last year, where I'm going to be diving single tank OC. But even those trips are few and far between. I just got back from a week in Utila, diving my CCR the whole time. I have 2 more big trips this year and will be diving CCR then.

I would prefer not to ever dive OC again. But, the Kraken sure is shiny.... It sure would look cool paired up with my Freedom Contour plate and VDH 18# wing... I think, the next time I have a trip booked where I'll be diving single tank OC, I might just have to order one up...

So many toys... so little time...

Back
Top Bottom