Why was this thread closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
We all know that Andy would win, so why bother? :D

In fact, most of us would probably vote for him as well! :D :D :D

ok, here's my checkbook...

you have to wait for my firstborn until i actually get one

(but i could steal a neighbor's!)

piikki:
I would not put any 'has-been':s on the options
While this policy would eliminate me from the voting, Andy would still win by a write in vote.

NetDoc:
It's also a shame that some people constantly trying to paint "management" (me) as some meglomaniac trying to overcompensate for an apparent lack of manegerial skills
Gee, I always thought you were trying to compensate for having a small....

knife.:D

NetDoc:
In fact, "The Power of Nice" has become a catch phrase for us. We now enjoy having the FEWEST reports ever going to abuse@ScubaBoard.com and the FEWEST mod related reports ever going to support@ScubaBoard.com, all the while experienceing a real LEAP in growth over the past few months.

Maybe only a few users were reporting an inordinate amount of posts?

Actually, reported posts are down significantly. The entire board has become a lot nicer lately. I like that.

NetDoc:
Actually, reported posts are down significantly. The entire board has become a lot nicer lately. I like that.
It's spring, Pete ... people are starting to dive again ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The lemmings are marching, once again, to the sea . . .

the K

the kind of person who will accept the work and task of becoming a moderator is someone whose personality lends itself to being able to withstand the constant criticism

always important to ask, "what type of people will enjoy this and what other qualities will they likely bring to the table?"

(Personally, that's why I never cared if my surgeon was an ego maniac )

Of course a person with the enthusiasm to moderate will have a bit of "OCD"...it's a given. The compulsion to keep a system going..

I really think maybe keeping things "organized" is a bigger task than all the "people issues"...OCD is a very useful tendancy for that task. Just like the "ADD tendancy" makes for creativity.. We are a mixed bag in here.

It helps me to not take things personally, it sometimes is just a rote street sweeper task that makes things disappear for a bit, having very little to do with a person.

NWGratefulDiver:
It's spring, Pete ... people are starting to dive again ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Actually Bob, they really started to drop back in late February and except for April Fool's day, they have been very few while the total time being spent on the board has risen by at least %40. We are even able to track them better because of this significant reduction. It's been nice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom