Why you gotta love Canada...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
OK... then I gotta ask: *What, exactly, is a Canadian?* How do you know if you are one?

If you look at the bottom of our feet, we all have "made in Canada" tattooed there!!! :wink:

Uncle Pug:
OK... then I gotta ask: *What, exactly, is a Canadian?* How do you know if you are one?

As for A.G.Bell: from http://www.lucidcafe.com/lucidcafe/library/96mar/bell.html

"Alexander Graham Bell was born on March 3, 1847 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Bell is best known for his invention of the telephone. Many inventors had been working on the idea of sending human speech by wire, but Bell was the first to succeed..... Alexander Graham Bell died in Baddek, Nova Scotia, on August 2, 1922."

Bell also lived in Brantford, ON and Boston, MA. So would he be Scottish, Canadian, or US? Perhaps all three?

As to your question, "What, exactly, is a Canadian?", it all boils down to one word that occurs naturally, without force.... "eh". Either you have it, or you don't. :D

Bill.

Uncle Pug:

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
The first nation of hockey!
and the best part of North America

My name is Joe!!
And I am Canadian!!!

http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm

If you understand all of the jokes, and you find it funny..... You are Canadian.

Doppler:
If you have to ask, you ain't... :wink:
I remember a few years back sitting at anchor across from Prince Rupert watching TV on Canada Day. They were interviewing folks from all across Canada on what it meant to be a Canadian. Every last man, woman and child had essentially the same answer after stumbling around trying to figure out what to say, "Well, I don't know what it means to be a Canadian... but I know I'm not an __________!"

If you can fill in the blank correctly then you are a Canadian. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom