Why you gotta love Canada...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kennedydive:
Explain someting to me. How can Pamela Anderson make 51 position and yet Joesph Howe doesn't even make the top 100.

Big hooters. :eyebrow: It says something sad about our country, but since the school system has essentially abandoned any pretence at teaching history, we shouldn't be surprised that the younger generation holds pop idols up to greatness

Diver0001:
The word "bombshell" comes to mind. You dno't have to be talented to be great.

R..

Gee..... just like me!

JimC:
Its amazing and sad how many actors, athelets and such are in the list.

Go read about Banting if you want to see greatness.
http://nobelprize.org/medicine/laureates/1923/banting-bio.html

That is one of my fears. Pop culture votes for someone who actually contributes nothing to the betterment of society other than, for example, a feel good song.

How many people with diabetes now lead normal lives, or even get to live, thanks to Banting?

Bill.

Kennedydive:
Explain someting to me. How can Pamela Anderson make 51 position

Flexibility? :wink:

Kennedydive:
and yet Joesph Howe doesn't even make the top 100.

You would think with 1071 career goals he'd be a lot higher on the list.

Marc

PS - edited to add - To those of you who PM'd me - I know. But it's not funny if you have to explain it. :rolleyes: :D

I was disappointed to see that Mordecai Richler was only #98. He barely made the list. What's up with that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom