Why you gotta love Canada...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
He'd get my vote. Tim would have to come second. :wink:

Marc

Ahh yes. but if it wasn't for Timmies - I wouldn't be awake enough to vote for Mr. "Fuddle Duddle" :D

Ontario Diver:
Where else can the Canadian Broadcasting Company conduct a search for the name of the greatest Canadian...

Bobby Orr (19) almost beats Shania Twain (18)

Yes, Bobby-O was one of the all-time NHL greats, but you have to admire what Shania had to go through to get there: she lost her parents to a car crash while she was still young, and the responsibility of raising her younger siblings fell on her, with very little money. She then managed to make her way from Timmins to Toronto and get to where she is today.

Glad she received that recognition. If you compare her path to fame to the likes of other popular Canadian female artists (Celine Dion, Alanis Morrissette, Sarah McLaughlan, Avril Lavigne) she's the one who had to face the most adversity, IMHO.

My only beef, Nancy Greene not even making the top 100....

If the contest was based on who had to go through the most adversity - there are more "normal" canadians who go through worse than that every day.....

starfish365:
If the contest was based on who had to go through the most adversity - there are more "normal" canadians who go through worse than that every day.....

Should be renamed "The Greatest Popular Canadian" or the "The Greatest Famous Canadian"

jiveturkey:
I'm voting for Trudeau. Our last great visionary.
If you're voting for politician who did the most to destroy this great country, then Trudeau would get my vote too. Visionary, sure - nightmare vision more like. I'll stop right here - my dislike and contempt for Trudeau know no limits and I don't want to get the mods all riled up again :eyebrow:

Avril Lavigne is a no talent *** clown.... sorry, I couldn't help it, just talk around me.

cobaltbabe:
What about Alexander Graham Bell?

That's what I said at home, but my wife pointed out that he wasn't a Canadian. He just lived here.

Bill.

Back
Top Bottom