Whytecliff 8:30 pm Nov 11, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic,
We saw the seal on the reef (rock) on the left side of the bay.

Did Porteau today. Bit o' current, but not much for waves or surge, which was nice. The viz was pretty nice except near to shore, where the fresh mixes with salt. Did two good dives. I had to chase a float around the entire freaking cove, so by the end of that (after the second dive) I was even fairly warm.

Jeckyll,
Hopefully the weather won't turn you off for the season. The viz really is getting pretty nice & should only improve. Give me a call if you want to get out.

~ness

Debbie: I would have much rather been out diving. Waves vs. lying on the couch feeling stuffed up ... I'll take the waves!

Ness: I don't mind weather and was supposed to go night diving with Josie Wed & out with friends Saturday. As soon as I think my sinuses are up for it I'll be out there. BTW, my buoyancy was kick 4$$ when Michelle, Mike and I went out and dove the Granthall last weekend :D So I like my drysuit much better now :wink:
Anyways, I'll give you a call as soon as I'm feeling better. Are you doing any dives with the AOW course at the end of the month?

Bjorn

Oh... the dreaded sinuses. That sucks, sorry to hear they're bugging you.

I heard from Michelle that your bouyancy was indeed kick ***. I'm glad that you are loving your drysuit. I can't wait until you get to try out the rest of your gear.

The way things look now, I'll be doing most of the dives for the advanced course! So get those sinuses under control by then, k?

I can't imagine anyone using a wetsuit at this time of year and in BC too! Just imagining someone changing back into normal clothes from a wetsuit makes me cold all over.
God, I love my dry suit, best investment I ever made

Ness: That was the first dive with _all_ my gear. The bp/w had come in. It all worked great. Ditched the snorkel too due to having the long hose. :wink:

If you're doing the AOW dives I better start reading my books & doing my knowledge reviews :p Seriously, I'm starting to feel better and hope the cold will be gone by next weekend.

Jeckyll what is the bp/w that had come in?? just curious.anyone going to Whytecliff on Wed (Nov16) night around 6-6:30ish?
Les

Les: bp/w = my Halcion SS backplate & pioneer wing (36#) :)

also, on Wednesday there is an IDC fundive to whyte isle (I'm pretty sure thats the island at Whytecliff). Check www.diveidc.com.

I'm not sure that I'll be able to dive by then, but if I can I'll be there :)

Bjorn

gotcha. I have the bp/explorer wing. just was not sure what the abbrev. were. Gona be able to make it tomorrow night? I'll be there.
Les

Les, I'm still battling this cold. I keep trying to see how easy it is to "clear" my ears and am having real problems doing that stil (just holding my nose and 'blowing' to see if I can pressurize my ears)l. I don't think there is any point right now to try and get under the water only to find out my sinuses / ears won't equalize.

I'm really hoping that I'll be able to get out diving on the weekend though. It's all up in the air, based on this stupid cold :)

Have fun tomorrow night and say "Hi" to Josie for me (he's probably leading the dive) :D If I'm going on the weekend I'll try and post up first.

Bjorn

Back
Top Bottom