Whytecliff 8:30 pm Nov 11, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great dive last night on the Islet. no current, glass calm water, great vis. about 20 people in total. some dove the cut,the islet or swam the bay. took a few pics. it was all good. hope you get better soon. my weekend is busy but maybe when better we can get out one night. I heard last weekend was a beeatch.huge waves coming in (and not from the ferry).did not matter if you were at whytecliff,batchelor bay,or copper cove.
Les

I'm diving again with my buddy at whytecliff tomorrow night probably get there around 6 or 7 pm. Gonna dive right side which is where the plumose garden is located. Is that called the Cut? I hope I see some seals.

yes the cut is on the way to the gardens. It is a distinct groove "cut" into the rockface and travels downward I am not sure to what depth. That area has a reputation. be careful! I am the newest victim to the cold that is going around now. BUMMER. so I won't be able to make this dive unfortunately. I am really busy this weekend. keep in touch and maybe next week for a night dive. Have a great dive and be safe.
Les

Les: Sorry to hear that it caught up with you!

I'm finally getting over mine but will probably wait till next week to dive.

Bjorn

I'm really surprised this thread keeps going. I thought this would have died by now...to reach page three is simply amazing. Anyways hope you guys get better soon.:11doh:
I hope I don't catch what is going around right now b/c I have to prepare for my finals.
Not to rub it in or anything, but :D I just got back from diving tonight. Water was clear as expected at whytecliff. It was high tide when I entered into the water. Decided to dive the cut tonight. That the right side, right? Kinda disappointed didn't see to many things, I think the left side hold more things to see. Maybe it cuz I don't know the right side well enough, any suggestions on the path to follow when on the right side? I did see the memorial grave marker over there.

anyone wanna do a local shore dive tomorrow dec 4th?? just as long as not icy out.
let me know.
cheers,
Les

Back
Top Bottom