Wide angle lens options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tank is heavy like hell, the spots should be fine:) Most likely I'll just use the tank as a base and attach the arms directly on it/maybe add a fin to make it swim smoother.
If the whole rig of camera, lights, battery, is too heavy, it will throw off your balance/trim and make shooting video very difficult. Typical position is to hold the camera in front of your face so you can see what you are shooting. If the rig is too negative, it will make your trim tilt face down. Depending how heavy the "tank" battery canister is, you might want to consider wearing it separately on your waist. This is what I did when I used halogen lights and the big battery it required. What is the UW weight of the "tank" battery canister ? Sorry if it seems like I am taking over your thread. I know you didn't ask for my opinions, but I've gone through many of the situations you are describing and my experiences might help.

Its a very interesting discussion, I don't feel it uncomfortable to the least extent:) Forgot to mention: I'll definitely get/DIY floats to balance the gear. My epl5 setup is also on the heavy side, but this beast of a lamp would probably pin me down to the bottom...

I got the Inon ufl-g140. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'll take it with me to 3 weeks trip to Philippines in April.

5xgIs4c.jpg

Mine arrived last week, I am looking forward to plunge it in the Red Sea in 3 weeks:) Have you been thinking on filters for the shallows? I have some orange Lee gels, maybe I can slip a piece between the wet lens and the housing...

I also have an M67 inon ucl-165, however I cannot connect it to the cage - yet. Any idea? Otherwise I'll separate "macro" and wide angle dives...

I got the Inon ufl-g140. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'll take it with me to 3 weeks trip to Philippines in April.

I am not sure if I'll use a filter with the wide lens. I will try an Eelvision filter, but I do not have high hopes for it. Probably will only ruin every shot.

For macro I have the macromate mini and with dyron 55mm adapter (and dyron orange and red filters). So for me it will be separate dives.

Mine arrived last week, I am looking forward to plunge it in the Red Sea in 3 weeks:) Have you been thinking on filters for the shallows? I have some orange Lee gels, maybe I can slip a piece between the wet lens and the housing...

I also have an M67 inon ucl-165, however I cannot connect it to the cage - yet. Any idea? Otherwise I'll separate "macro" and wide angle dives...

Ridiculous that Inon did not make a provision for a red filter. Guys, I'd like to see some sample footage with the Inon GoPro dome kit and hear about your impressions.

Yes, I have that also

I asked inon support in the meantime, probably on their next workday we'll have some more info. Anyway, it's highly unlikely to be irregular if your sample looks the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom