Wide Foot Boots - Wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I am looking for a Manufacture that make Wide Boot. Most of my shoes are 9 1/2 or 10 4E. Occasionally I will wear a 2E shoe. I am looking for something like the Bare Topic Boot. I have tried these on, and they roll my baby toe under. I have also tried the Akona Deluxe, and the Aqua Lung Manta either fit.

I am going into Tampa next week to try on some 4th Element. I have yet to find a shop with any Henderson's in stock.

I am also heading to Cozumel to work on the boats all summer.

Looking for more options, thank you.

Last edited:
they don't exist. at least not in scuba boots. I have a 13 4e so I feel your pain, though at least wide shoes are more common in your size. They seem to think that after size 12 people don't have wide feet anymore.
You have basically two options. You can wear neoprene socks with overboots. Chuck Taylors, Poseidon One Shoe *neoprene version of a Chuck Taylor*, etc. pick your poison there. If you want to stay with a normal wetsuit bootie, then this is probably going to be the best you'll find. It's the only wetsuit bootie that has fit me properly, so I'm a huge fan of them. Nice square toe box as well
NRS Paddle Wetshoes - Men's

I have wide feet, in fact, wider than yours. I have a pair of Bare 3mm Tropic boots and found if I went up a 1/2 size, they worked very well as far as comfort. The only problem I found with them is they tended to stick in the fin foot pocket, probably because of the sole thickness combined with the shape of my fin pocket. To solve the fin pocket sticking issue, I bought a pair of Scubapro Delta 3 boots that are not only extremely comfortable on my 5E/6E wide feet, but solved the sticking issue with the fin pocket. I think the Delta 3 or Delta 5 might work for you in most dive environments, but the sole of the Bare Tropic was better for me on shore dives in Bonaire.

Last edited:
I have wide feet, in fact, wider than yours. I have a pair of Bare 3mm Tropic boots and found if I went up a 1/2 size, they worked very well as far as comfort. The only problem I found with them is they tended to stick in the fin foot pocket, probably because of the sole thickness combined with the shape of my fin pocket. To solve the fin pocket sticking issue, I bought a pair of Scubapro Delta 3 boots that are not only extremely comfortable on my 5E/6E wide feet, but solved the sticking issue with the fin pocket. I think the Delta 3 or Delta 5 might work for you in most dive environments, but the sole of the Bare Tropic was better for me on shore dives in Bonaire.

I did try to upside the Bare Tropic, but it moved the arc to high, and it is under the ball of my foot. Guess I will just try everything on, till I get lucky.

Try the Scubapro Delta boots and let us know what you think.

I too have extremely wide feet, and to make it worse they are short too (sz8). For some reason it looks like people with longer feet are easier to fit. I tried most of the suggestions people have made over the years. Chuck Taylor's, my feet don't even fit inside the shoes. The poseidon equivalent is made of neiprene so it's quite elastic, but even then my toes just can't fit under the white rubber toe cap. Upsizing only works width wise if I go a couple or more sizes up, and then the booties are so long that I make blisters.

I must have tried at least 30 different models of booties and even tried a few neoprene socks. The only thing so far that has worked is the pinnacle tecline hard rock boot. They have a very wide toe box. I use them for drysuit diving but now I'm thinking of trying really elastic neoprene socks with those boots on top, or just the neoprene socks, but that would not be ideal for shore dives.

I currently use bare booties 2.5 sizes too big on top of merino wool socks. Not ideal...

I also wear 13 4E. I will give these a try. Thanks for the tips!

You are correct about the wide after 12 issue. Zappos was a god send for oddly sized feet people. Prior to online shopping, I went to a shoe store and just asked what they had in a 13 wide. It was much easier than asking if they had a particular style available in my size.

I could find a driving shoe in 13 wide, I would be in heaven.

they don't exist. at least not in scuba boots. I have a 13 4e so I feel your pain, though at least wide shoes are more common in your size. They seem to think that after size 12 people don't have wide feet anymore.
You have basically two options. You can wear neoprene socks with overboots. Chuck Taylors, Poseidon One Shoe *neoprene version of a Chuck Taylor*, etc. pick your poison there. If you want to stay with a normal wetsuit bootie, then this is probably going to be the best you'll find. It's the only wetsuit bootie that has fit me properly, so I'm a huge fan of them. Nice square toe box as well
NRS Paddle Wetshoes - Men's

I also wear 13 4E. I will give these a try. Thanks for the tips!

You are correct about the wide after 12 issue. Zappos was a god send for oddly sized feet people. Prior to online shopping, I went to a shoe store and just asked what they had in a 13 wide. It was much easier than asking if they had a particular style available in my size.

I could find a driving shoe in 13 wide, I would be in heaven.

allen edmonds. you can usually find them in the tanger outlets, but shoebank.com will be your friend once you find some styles that fit. They have quite nice driving shoes

Back
Top Bottom