Wife needs something for covering up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ladies, Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. As many of the regulars on this board know my wife is in a wheelchair. As such even though she's not diving or snorkeling yet (her words) she does like to go along on trips and especially on the boats. Problem is she has somewhat fair skin and sunscreen only goes so far. What we are looking for is those, for lack of a better term, "I dream of jeannie pants" type things.( my words) Something that is light (going to Bonaire in feb), not necessarily see thru, elastic waist, and not overly expensive. We have been unable to find anything like them around here. We have also looked at sarong type things but the pants would make it much easier getting ready, moving around, and more comfortable for her. Something that would keep the sun off her legs and a top to match for her arms and shoulders would be nice as well. Any ideas, sources, extras laying around? She's a medium or size 10-12 pants.

I think I know what you're looking for but don't know where to find them. They are often worn by body builders right?
Ber :lilbunny:

Something like this?

These look more like pajamas.

Maybe a "scrub" pant?
Ber :lilbunny:

I vote for using a "seamstress". Something like that can't be very difficult to make. I'd look for someone that would be able to serge the seams.

Ladies, Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. As many of the regulars on this board know my wife is in a wheelchair. As such even though she's not diving or snorkeling yet (her words) she does like to go along on trips and especially on the boats. Problem is she has somewhat fair skin and sunscreen only goes so far. What we are looking for is those, for lack of a better term, "I dream of jeannie pants" type things.( my words) Something that is light (going to Bonaire in feb), not necessarily see thru, elastic waist, and not overly expensive. We have been unable to find anything like them around here. We have also looked at sarong type things but the pants would make it much easier getting ready, moving around, and more comfortable for her. Something that would keep the sun off her legs and a top to match for her arms and shoulders would be nice as well. Any ideas, sources, extras laying around? She's a medium or size 10-12 pants.

I know exactly what she is looking for! She will really like a linen/cotton drawstring pant. I wear them to the beach all the time...so comfy and they don't look like chef pants. Down here in SoFLA, they are pretty easy to find, but not so much up north. I did a search for linen drawstring pant on google and the links below came up (I have also ordered from them before). I also got a link to shopping.yahoo.com for linen drawstring pants here (I am not sure that the link will work for you since it was a search result).

Soft Surroundings--Beach Gauze Pant
Soft Surroundings Outlet--Island Pant

Have fun in Bonaire! :D

ebay is always my first choice when i now what i want but cant find it

how about these? sarong pants, Women's Clothing, Infants Toddlers items on eBay.com

A0012GLD_a.jpg

goodluck

My wife has had good luck using nurses scrubs as workout togs. They are light loose fitting, colorful and affordable. Check a local uniform shop.

I wonder if you were referring to the baggy workout pants that have become popular often in wild prints (usually for male bodybuilders). If so, you can google search baggy workout pants and see a variety. Here's a couple of links I found:

Mens Workout Clothes, Trendy Men's Shirts & Muscle Clothes USA: Close-Up Style 716ws - Women's Workout Pants. <b>Our best Women's workout pants under $20 bucks!<b> (ladies)

Baggy Pants from Otomix (mens)

I don't know how lightweight these are. They may be too hot for Bonaire.

Here are some beach pants:

Beach Pants,Women's Beach Pants,Cotton Beach Pants,Beach Pants for Women,Beach Pants Manufacturers

Ladies Beach Pants Solid @ Sunfitters guaze beach pants coverup

Another thing to consider are the zip off pants that have SPF and are moisture wicking. (see link below)

Tropicwear Zip-Leg Pants: All Active Pants at L.L.Bean

Since you said I Dream of Jeanie pants, I will point you to L Rose Designs, Welcome to L. Rose Designs, they make belly dance clothes and can customize in a variety of fabrics.

The clothes are made in California by people making a decent wage. If you call them, they are very good about working with you on what you want and everything is custom made, so it fits, and if you explain to them the purpose, I'm sure they can help you out with fabrics.

I've ordered several things from them and really like their work. I would get the jacket, L. Rose Designs - Catalog and either the jazz pants, L. Rose Designs - Catalog or the harem pants L. Rose Designs - Catalog in either silk charmeuse or cotton/lycra.

I know it's an off-the-wall idea, but it's an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom