Wife wants to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ratsathome

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi just a quick question.
Wife wants to take up diving,but had a caesarean section on the 24th of September.Got a OW course booked for 15 December.Is this to quick after the birth or not.

Ask her Doctor for real advice.

That said, I would think she would be fine provided she is basically a healthy and active person. Wait, a young mother! Activity is on the to the job description page!

I would call DAN's non emergency number, and ask them, or have them refer you to a doctor familiar with diving who can check your wife to see if she should wait. The number is 1-919-684-2948

If the doctor has approved her for the activity and she has adjusted to her new routine so as not to be stressed then go for it. The pool work is not all that taxing from a physical standpoint.

Had you given thought the when and where she would complete her check-out dives?

Pete

If the doctor has approved her for the activity and she has adjusted to her new routine so as not to be stressed then go for it. The pool work is not all that taxing from a physical standpoint.

Had you given thought the when and where she would complete her check-out dives?

Pete

She will be doing the try dive at our local Saturday 29 November and the course in South Africa

i went exactly 1 month after my section, but i made my buddies carry my gear & tanks.

LOL she would not be so lucky

:confused: You're not willing to carry the gear of the woman who just gave birth to your child??

:shocked2::popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom