Will there be diving in the Philippines this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the latest for entry into the Philippines....

NAIA (Manila Airport): New International Arrival Process (Step-by-Step Guide) | The Poor Traveler Itinerary Blog

Screenshot_20200723-202123_Chrome.jpg

After an anxious wait of 3-4 months, Cebu Pacific has finally refunded those flights that they cancelled.
I still have 3 flights booked over next few months and the outcome does not look good. But at least I know 5J does refund cancelled flight unlike Air Asia which you have to settle for travel fund valid for 24 months.

Asiana confirmed if the Philippines are still a no-fly zone in November they reimburse the ticket. So that's nice. What sucks would be not going to the Philippines.

For those wanting to travel to the Philippines, as of July 21, 2020, You need a Philippine passport to be granted entry. I heard of travelers arriving at LAX just to be refused boarding on PAL because they are not Philippine passport holders. Below is a link from the PAL website regarding travel requirements.
Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, traveling there may not be an option at this time. It may be a while yet. Bummer :(

from the Philippine Airlines: REMINDER – CHECK TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
I recently obtained my Philippine Passport but have not yet used it. Would I be only be subjected to the same 2-5 day quarantine...required of citizens/residents? I have a ticket booked for Mid-October but am still hesitant to travel.

I recently obtained my Philippine Passport but have not yet used it. Would I be only be subjected to the same 2-5 day quarantine...required of citizens/residents? I have a ticket booked for Mid-October but am still hesitant to travel.

If it's a PH Passport, yes, that's my understanding.

For everyone else's information, Metro Manila (NCR), Cebu, and (now again,) Batangas are extended GCQ until Aug 15, subject to re-evaluation at that time. Hindi mabuti.....

It could be detrimental to your health as the infection is still NOT under controlled!
Good luck if you do make the trip!

BTW, my Oct flight from HKG to MNL has been cancelled by Cebu Pacific!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom