Wilmington NC Paradise Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Wreck Divers I am thinking of taking the family on a summer vacation for week.
I have had my eye on the Wilmington area for several years as possible relocation.
So I would like to take a trip down to check it out. Does anyone have any recommendations on good places for a family of 5 to stay little kids, preferably on or near the beach. Thinking July / August.

Before you pick your dates, be sure that there are spaces on the dive boats those days.
We have looked at Aquatic Safaris calendar and they are already booked throughout the summer on many dates. We decided to do our dive trip out of Morehead City area this trip, maybe next year we will go there.

I haven't been to Wilmington since I was a kid, but to me it looks like a wonderful place for families still, lots of things to do and see.

robin:D

Wilmington is a great place. Fine University, great beaches etc. Bit too crowded with damned yankees for me anymore (just kidd'n, saw your location)...so I threw out my anchor a couple hours north of there in a one or two stoplight town.
Most things are gonna be expensive that time of year down there, but Shell Island resort on the end of Wrightsville Beach would fill your needs. The King Neptune Bar in downtown Wrightsville is a good place to drink a beer and have an oyster.
Aquatic Safaris is a top op there for diving.
Mike

Thanks for the info unfortunately diving probably wont be on my agenda as I am 3 weeks out of back surgery. So it would mostly be for relaxation and a change of scenery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom