Wing dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 40# Mach V Extreme with DiveRite SS BP and STA. Mine does not have roll control tabs. It was on sale from SCUBAToys. Try them out then decide on performance. Internet advice does not compare to actually trying it out. Or return the new one if able.

I have used the Halcyon Eclipse for 2 year 50 dives, and an Oxycheq only once. Between the two, I like the Halcyon better. It has a faster and more responsive inflater with a thicker tube. Fell better in the hand. Just an opinion from a newbie.:D

I have an Halcyon hose on my Oxycheq. And I may be wrong, but I thought the current inflator on the Halcyon is the same OEM as the Oxycheq (and OMS for that matter).

In any case, inflators and hoses should never be a deal breaker in the consideration of wings.

I chuckle when people say "don't buy "x" wing because the hose is too "long","short".

I have an Halcyon hose on my Oxycheq. And I may be wrong, but I thought the current inflator on the Halcyon is the same OEM as the Oxycheq (and OMS for that matter).

In any case, inflators and hoses should never be a deal breaker in the consideration of wings.

It does look like the same OEM on the outside. The Oxy is about a pound heavier dry than the H, probably because of the "extreme" covering. Is there really any difference though when it comes to performance in the water? I mean, they are very close to the same shape, same displacement. I am getting pretty nit-picky here I guess. Any clue as to which would sell easier?

Well..

I am a big Oxy fan and a big MV fan.

I think the Extreme is overkill for most applications. I have seen them slicing it with carpet knives and box cutters as well as throwing darts at it. I have 2 Oxy wings with the signature covering and I can't imagine anymore being needed in most cases. I think the Sig Oxy is more robust than the Halcyon.

I also believe the Oxy has more Bias on the bottom and is more narrow compared to the Halcyon.

All in all, I think the Oxy will go more easily.

Back
Top Bottom