Wing size with this setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got to play with almost my exact rig in the pool today (except the 26 lb Torus was on this one). It was awesome!!! VERY streamlined. I hope the 30 lb wing is as nifty as the 26 lb Torus. Anyway, I was worried about the hog harness, but no more. The guy who let me use the rig, is pretty much my size, so it was adjusted close, and it was WAAAY more comfortable than a standard harness for me, and much more stable, too.

Waiting is the hardest part :wink:

You won't see a big difference between the T-26 and the LCD 30. All of our singles wings share some basic design elements. Key amongst these are the narrow center panel.

Virtually all wings that predate our LCD 30, introduced in 2004, is a center panel as wide as 6-7 inches. The DSS single singles wings have a ~3 inch wide center panel. The effect of a narrow center panel is a reduced drag, and much easier venting for a horizontally trimmed diver.

Narrow wings greatly reduce tank wrap. The more a tank wraps the more a diver must "break trim" or go vertical to allow the gas in the wing to move to where it can be vented.

Narrow center panel wings allow the horizontal diver to full vent the wing with little change in horizontal trim.

Let me know if you have any questions after you get your gear set up and in the water.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom