Wing with integrated STA - how to connect with Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swordfish66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

recently I bought a Hollis S38 Wing with a Hollis Alu BP, a no-name harness and two cambands. Plate and wing, both have camband slots, so I connected both with the cambands. It looks like this:

blubb4_kl.jpg

Below the camband you can see the integrated STA of the S38. Wing and BP are not connected with screws!

My question: Is this setup okay, or should I use two additional screws to connect wing and BP more firmly? What are your experiences?

Not necessary. You could put a single delrin book screw through the top hole. More for convenience than anything. It just helps locate the wing when you are putting it on the tank. Doesn't need to hold it on. The tank bands securing the tank to the unit hold everything together. They sandwich the wing between the tank and plate and keep it in place.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

... nice - I'll have a look if I find those over here in Europe

Let me know how you get on, I'll be placing an order with DGX in the next week or so and would be happy to get you a couple and post on to you in Germany, call it a Christmas present.

---------- Post added November 26th, 2013 at 10:48 AM ----------

You should be able to find them in a hardware store, although probably metal. Commonly, in English, called sex bolts or as Jim posted book screws.

Let me know how you get on, I'll be placing an order with DGX in the next week or so and would be happy to get you a couple and post on to you in Germany, call it a Christmas present.

Wow, that's nice :)

---------- Post added November 26th, 2013 at 10:48 AM ----------

You should be able to find them in a hardware store, although probably metal. Commonly, in English, called sex bolts or as Jim posted book screws.

I'll have a look - there's a store round the corner where I live :cool2:

The GF and I have the same wings. As stated the straps actually keep them in place. I do use the screws in the top and bottom hole to keep the wing from flopping when we transport/store the gear (on hanger) and makes it easier to set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom