With a little help from my friends, part ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks Leesa =)

You would think that his voice would be sufficient torture.

envy is such an ugly thing

so, are you still dictating your posts to your son, on account of your illiteracy?

:mooner:

Andy ...just remember this one thing ... Jimi was never in tune ...and dig all the love that flowed from his strat ...and he couldn't sing to save his life ...yet there was nothing but real magic in that old black hat he found.

Everytime I listen to Little Wing I am reminded why I picked up the guitar in the first place.

You and Fish need to stay on it cause writing songs is gift, a process, and a labor of love ...it needs to be exercised regularly. Producing and engineering them is the pain experienced to give birth to the art.

Not bad for a right wing wacko like me -eh!

Rock on Mijo's!!!

thanks skull ...

man, if i could do one bar (heck, half a bar) as good as the Hendrix .... i'd die happy

Joe Pass once said ..."there are no bad notes ...they're only notes played at the wrong time"...

Ahh Grasshoper it is our task as disciples of the craft to arrange those notes within the bar to convey our intent. Jimi did uses "rests" within his compositions ...often that is where I start when it comes to composing.

Not to mention I hear your intent within your style of playing guitar and that IMHO is the essence of the art!

Electonic tuners are a life saver. Seriously. :wink:

Career saver. I very rarely tune by ear when I'm working. I think I remember how. I still have a tuning fork around here somewhere......

yeah, i really should have more discipline about tuning my guitar religiously ... since i know perfectly well i can't hear when it's out of tune

Sounds good. I like the videos, though! There were a couple of spots where the singing on the 2 tracks were off a bit. The tambourine also was off beat at times, just a little late. But it is one of your better works...audio-wise.

And I'm sure mania did have success. She said nothing about how she pee'd standing up. After all, if she was drunk, maybe her pants never even came off!

yeah, i really should have more discipline about tuning my guitar religiously ... since i know perfectly well i can't hear when it's out of tune

Andy just a suggestion ...sometimes my pitch is way off and I can't always hear due to distractions ...what I almost always do is tune the neck of my guitar by harmonics. When doing this you actually tune the portion of the neck which you generally play in.

Example if you are an open string type of player basically the first 7 positions. If so hit the harmonics on the 5th and seventh frets on adjacent strings ...low E @ the 5th fret and A @ the 7th fret harmonics. Don't listen to the pitch rather compare the beats of the harmonics when the beats match up you are in tune. Same for the A string 5th and D 7th , D 5 th and G 7th. then I hit the low E 7th fret and open B listening to the beats rather than the pitch. Finally the A 7th fret and open High E ...beats not pitch.

If you are playing in the middle section of the neck i.e. 5th position to the 12th then I tune my neck by harmonics again 5th fret but 19th fret on the adjacent string low to high. By doing this you tune your neck rather than the open strings.

Guitars are intrinsically hard to get correct with regards to "intonation" ...basically the G string does not work intonation wise with the other stings ...especially with bolt on neck Fenders ...the guitar just has a fundamental flaw in the design ...ergo the new twisted neck guitars and odd placed (as opposed to symetrically placed) frets and spacing.

If you got the spare scratch pick up a POD and play direct into your mixer. PODs come with built in tuners or buy Pro-Tools as your recording soft ware to quantize your tracks and allow the software to adjust your intonation on the track.

Guitar Center was selling Pro-Tools packaged with M-Boxes ...I believe MACs Garage Band has a comparible software package ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom