Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Drysuit Diver--will dive anywhere

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Technical Diver

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And while I let on to be a www, if the truth be known .... I'd be at Home Depot lookin' at chainsaws if all I had was a frozen lake to dive.

Warm wishes from America's tropical paradise,

Darlene

It's kind of funny, I love to dive in the cold water once I am in the water but the idea of doing all the work to get in the water really turns me off,

I love to dive in the warm water but I don't need to dive more than once or twice a day to get my fill.

Keep in mind that I have been diving for over 20 years and I have logged over 4000 dives... Maybe I have just been there and done that enough times?

Julie

The coldest water I have ever dived in was 71 degrees. Of course the opportunity has never arose for me to dive anywhere else. Guess I'm lucky!

Started in cold water, got spoiled by warm. Would do cold again if I had a good enough reason.

nauifins73:
I agree with Dee I don't have a drysuit but I will dive anywhere if I get the chance. Coldest dive I have done is 54 deg. in a 5mm with a 2mm Farmer Jane under it, at Valhala - Abilene, TX the abandon ICBM missile silo. What a unique dive. I was just as comfortable as those using a drysuit.
Becky
Coldest I've done is 49 in a 6mm. This was in Gloucester Mass and it was my ow cert. 1st week in April. I had taken my classes and training in a pool after the holidays but wanted to be cert before heading to Aruba. Talk about cold! Needless to say it was a quick day and we had lots of hot water on hand to ease the entry a bit. Instructor was comfy in his Drysuit :) DEfinately worth it in the end. I did my first night and wreck dives once we got to the warm water of Aruba!

I haven't really done huge cold water diving, the coolest was 20ºC (68ºF) so that doesn't really count. We had a massive heatwave this summer, so I trotted down to our local quarry armed with my new dry suit (which to be honest wasn't quite as necessary in that temperature). I must admit, I have been spoiled by the amount of fish and freedom that goes hand in hand with warm water diving. I also felt really cumbersome and cluttered whilst wearing hood, gloves and dry suit. Having said all that, I still have the dry suit and will no doubt get back in it next summer when the sun is out and I am gagging to get on a boat again and can't afford a trip to Egypt.

I am not voting either, since I don't really fit those categories, need an other I guess. I prefer warmer waters, and primarily dive warm water living in the South that is the main sources. I have been in 55degree in my 7mm wet suit. I can't say I really loved it but it was ok. I was doing my Deep Dive speciality dives, so it was not only cold, but dark and deep. Can't say I will be doing that often. I have done the Cenotes and caverns in FL, those I do enjoy.

But for the money I say give me the sun, saltair and tropics anyday and I will be there!
I am truly a Bahama Mama.

Have done the ice diving - not too bad if the air temp isn't too bad.

Dove on Sunday water was 38 F. A Tad chilly.

Have a drysuit for local diving year round - adjusting the underwear - for temps. Locally range is Ice diving to I guess mid 50's.

I stopped taking temp readings they always made me feel colder than I was.

Would love to dive down south more some how work always gets in the way... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom