Women of the world, support today's Indy race!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
4th place is not just respectable, it is fragging incredible for a rookie

It’s a great result, but not incredible. After all, rookies have WON at Indy on 8 previous occasions.

bebo:
Oh, I would loooooooove to see the face of someone with a last name Gordon if she gave a try at NASCAR. I bet he would throw himself to the ground and start making tantrums... "I will not run with her, she's mean"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A) I won't watch any race that belongs to the egomaniacal cokehead idiot grandson who has RUINED open wheel racing across North America, Tony George. He's a jackass of the first degree and deserves a special place in racing hell for what he's done to the Indy, and OW racing in general.

B) Your comment "There's a ton of male Indy Pilots who weigh approx 120 or 130" is absolutely wrong. The lightest 'pilot' in recent memory (although in the far superior Champ Car series) would be Cristiano DaMatta, who weighed in at 156. Interestingly, after CDM won the championship in Champ Car, they came up with a rule mandating equal weight for all cars 'including the driver.' So Gordon's comments aren't all that offline.

Boogie711:
A) I won't watch any race that belongs to the egomaniacal cokehead idiot grandson who has RUINED open wheel racing across North America, Tony George. He's a jackass of the first degree and deserves a special place in racing hell for what he's done to the Indy, and OW racing in general.

I few years ago I would have agreed with you—I still cringe when Buddy Lazier won Indy. IMHO, I think the IRL has improved considerably with the inclusion of road courses and the return of former CART teams (Penske, Chip Ganassi, Andretti/Green). The newer crop of IRL drivers have improved the racing considerably. Even Newman/Haas will probably make the switch.

There's no way Newman-Hass will go - have you heard Paul Newman talk? Now, HAAS may go sometime, but Newman won't.

And the IRL is in big, BIG trouble. They lose Toyota and Chevy next year, and Honda has delivered the ultimatum - unify or we're out. Meanwhile, Champcar not only owns their engine supplier, but they just purchased the rights to their marquee event, the Long Beach Grand Prix, as well.

I think any talk of unification is BS coming from the IRL. The moron was the one who caused the split in the first place.

Boogie711:
There's no way Newman-Hass will go - have you heard Paul Newman talk? Now, HAAS may go sometime, but Newman won't.

Roger Penske also said that he would never go to the IRL...

Boogie711:
And the IRL is in big, BIG trouble. They lose Toyota and Chevy next year, and Honda has delivered the ultimatum - unify or we're out. Meanwhile, Champcar not only owns their engine supplier, but they just purchased the rights to their marquee event, the Long Beach Grand Prix, as well.

I think any talk of unification is BS coming from the IRL. The moron was the one who caused the split in the first place.

I agree that talk of unification is BS. OTOH, I really miss the days when Champ Car was a constructor, engine and tyre championship. I have no problem with Champ Car being a Lola/Ford/Bridgestone “one-make race” series but I am a Formula 1 fan (and feel that a one-make series should be confined to the lesser series such as Formula Atlantic, GP2 etc.) and I personally love seeing the Lolas, Reynards, Penskes and Swifts compete using Goodyear and Firestone tyres during the “good old days” of CART. I sincerely hope that American OW racing can return to the days when constructors such as Lotus competed and even Ferrari considered building an Indy car.

All the talk about the weight and all the beakering hides only one thing: fear. I haven't heard one word about how good she is. Every criticism has centered about the weight. The truth is that the kid is quite good, be it a woman or not, weight controversy or not. And even worse, the real truth does not come out trying to be "politically correct", and that truth is that many of this male pilots do not want to compete with women. As they see it is damn if you do and damn if you don't: if the girl beats you-you were beaten by a girl; if you beat the girl- oh! , you just beaten a girl.

This is not boxing or wresting, where sex plays an obvious role if we have mixed gender match. Being a racing pilot ia basically about endurance, hand-eye coordination, good instinct and courage, and as I see it, she's got plenty of all that... again, be it a woman or not.

Vie:
It’s a great result, but not incredible. After all, rookies have WON at Indy on 8 previous occasions.

and that's world class

:wink:

bebo:
All the talk about the weight and all the beakering hides only one thing: fear. I haven't heard one word about how good she is. Every criticism has centered about the weight. The truth is that the kid is quite good, be it a woman or not, weight controversy or not. And even worse, the real truth does not come out trying to be "politically correct", and that truth is that many of this male pilots do not want to compete with women. As they see it is damn if you do and damn if you don't: if the girl beats you-you were beaten by a girl; if you beat the girl- oh! , you just beaten a girl.

This is not boxing or wresting, where sex plays an obvious role if we have mixed gender match. Being a racing pilot ia basically about endurance, hand-eye coordination, good instinct and courage, and as I see it, she's got plenty of all that... again, be it a woman or not.

BS. I'm sorry - complete and total BS.

BAR Honda just got suspended for three races in F1 because their illegal gas tank would have made the car 9 pounds lighter.

Juan Montoya got into trouble at McLaren because when he signed his contract, he weighed 183, but he showed up to begin the season this year at 189.

Champ Car changed the rules after Cristiano won the championship.

So tell me, in your vast racing experience - what on EARTH are you basing your argument on, other than feminist propoganda?

I don't care if Danica Patrick is a male, female or a monkey - if she's got a 70 pound weight advantage, that's a HUGE difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom