Working out cardio + lung capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havent checked this thread in a ew weeks.

I have great news.. I have found myself getting out of breath less and less. I remember when I used to climb the 5 stories in my school (shop in the basement to the 4th floor) , I'd get out of breath. Well, ever since I started running, no more! I'm also drinking a ton of water, thanks to a camelbak (and I just had to drop a lime in it, I can't stand plain water). My urine is no longer atomic yellow.

Right now I'm sick with a cold, but otherwise, I feel like a million bucks.

AS far as the whole asthma issue, if you havent been treated for it after the age of 13, you can get it waived. I really think I may have grownout of it (however rare that may be).

I'm starting to adopt a more healthy lifestyle, and rather then sucking down soda left and right, I'm drinking water and juice. Like I said, I feel great. I've been doing a lot of upper body as well, and I've gotten compliments that I'm getting ripped (oohrah!).

I have a whole year to get this whole asthma thing straightened out with the corps.

Oh, and on terms of lung capacity, in just a week, I've been able to go from 45 seconds to 1:30 and then some. The other day I did 2:30.

I'm waiting off on my SCUBA certification until the spring. I really dont think its worth freezing my balls off right now, and school is swamping me.

Thanks for all your help! I still need to pick up a copy of cameron's book.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom