World's Highest Diving Certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who certifies NAUI Course Directors?

I think the OP was asking a question about "rank" as it were, not "who's the best diver."

To me, it's the people who certify the people who certify the people who certify people.

For GUE it's Jarrod Jablonski (director of training).
For UTD it's Andrew Georgitsis (training director).
For SEI it's Tom Leaird (CEO)
For IANTD it's Tom Mount (?)

etc..

None of those people have saturation experience, therfore they are not at the top of the heap. :wink:

Last edited:
None of those people have saturation experience, therfore they are not at the top of the heap. :wink:

You meant they don't have saturation experience warm and dry in a chamber on the deck of the boat watching TV and eating oilfield chow. Lots of those guys have spent chilly wet nights in 55 gallon drum habitats deep in caves where if the habitat failed they would be dead before they could get back into dive gear.

Just sayin'

Altitude Diver :p
As soon as I read the thread title I thought, "not again, not another specialty card... this time they even messed with Lake Titicaca -- Lake Titicaca World's Highest Diving Specialty Card"

You meant they don't have saturation experience warm and dry in a chamber on the deck of the boat watching TV and eating oilfield chow. Lots of those guys have spent chilly wet nights in 55 gallon drum habitats deep in caves where if the habitat failed they would be dead before they could get back into dive gear.

Just sayin'

Chambers are warm and dry? Wow, not in my experience. Sure they are warm as you are being put under pressure, but as they are being vented and as you are surfacing, they are friggin cold and damp as hell.

-Edit, as I think about that statement, I realize that the coldest I've ever been in my life was in a chamber coming up from depth. Granted I had just spent 4 hours in 30 degree water, but still. It was not warm and dry in the chamber, hehe.

Yah, I neglected commercial divers in my response. Shouldn't have done so, though I know nothing about it.

My vote would be on the Chief Petty Officer in charge of training for Navy Clearance Divers... something in PSD or Scientific... nothing in the sport or tech arenas

If you are going to discuss the military, then Master Divers at EDU (Naval Experimental Diving Unit) should be considered. EDU has always been one of the most prestigious duty posts for any US Navy diver, in addition to being shore-duty in Panama City, Florida.

Edit: Of course, diving supervisors are not necessarily the most effective military or commercial divers when it comes to getting a job done. Very often the skill sets are different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom