Worst Christmas Present...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HilaryRN71

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thought it would be fun to see how bad of gifts some of you got this year or years past...

One year my father gave me a "Couch Potato." It was a CHEAPO retarded UGLY stuffed potato about 12 inches tall. It had a beer gut, ball cap, and a fake remote control. Like that was supposed to go with my Southwestern decor?? It sooo was returned the next day. :wallywink

Let's hear some horror stories..

My hubby knows I collect Angel figurines so he decided that the special Christmas Barbie would be nice. Yes, a few years ago I got a special edition collectible barbie. HELLO??? She didn't even have angel wings to be considered a useful collectible. He took it back to the store. What goes through men's heads?

Melissa

HilaryRN71:
Thought it would be fun to see how bad of gifts some of you got this year or years past...

Let's hear some horror stories..

Not a horror story, but I got my suckiest Xmas present when I was about 12.. I really, really, really wanted this watch that I'd seen in the store.. It wasn't anything fantastic, just a cool watch...and I practically begged my parents for it..
Well, soon there was a slender little box under the tree- just about watch sized :D
So, on Xmas morning I rushed to open my watches box....and to my horror, it was a box of personalized pencils. PENCILS ! What kid wants pencils for Christmas?? I didn't get my watch :(

Every year my MIL gives me a book. They usually are right on. Well a few years ago she gives me this book about people who attempted suicied. Why would any one read this? It went back. She said she read it and found it really interesting. On your happiest day you couldnt read it and not get depressed!

When I was about 12-13 my grandma got me a thigh-master cause she thoult I needed to loose some weight. I did need to loose a few pounds but I think the football my grandma gave me worked better. I ended up make a catapulte out of the thigh-master and it even worked pretty good.

My dad and step mom used to get me steton cologne every year. I think I have about 10-12 bottles in a box on my dresser. I think my dad needed some a few months ago so I gave him a few bottles. I did use if for awhile but I think it goes bad after a few years.

When I was about 11 my aunt gave be a pocket knife, packaged with a box of bandaids. She thought that was really funny. Problem was, I had already been carrying a knife for a few years, and had yet to cut myself.

My sister was about 15 when my uncle got her a set of toy dishes.

My mom isn't doing too well in the gift-giving department lately. A couple of years ago she gave my wife a lava lamp. Last year it was a doll sitting on a swing that I guess you’re supposed to hang up somewhere. This year she sent out pictures of her and dad that they had made for their 50th anniversary. My wife and I are fine with the one we got, but I don’t think our 20-month-old daughter has much appreciation for the picture grandma and grandpa sent her.

My brother wins worst gift of the year. As a joke, my mom got him a Flowbee, the vaccum powered home haircut system.
After using it, he's also a strong contender for worst haircut.

Worst Christmas present was a Abtronic.

Not sure if this was a gag gift (or) bought with good intentions by the giver.(ummmm?)

Now if you get an Abtronic or some other electrical situp device as a gift, you can spit in the gift givers face. I've actually seen these things advertised as great Christmas gifts. Who ever came up with that is either very lonely or floating in a river somewhere. In general, exercise equipment is not a good Christmas gift. The reasons are simple, in most cases, that the person getting the gift will take it to mean that you think they are fat. So don't give your Uncle Joe an exercise bike or slimfast to your Cousin Jane. They will either cry or attack you. No reason to spend your holidays in a body cast after being attacked by a fat guy.

Happy New Year's and Safe, Great diving to all in 2006!

My sister bought me some plastic dog crap. My brother bought me this ceramic head with that had a mohawk. I couldn't even take it back because he'd bought it at a flea market or something... Just what in the hell am I supposed to do with a life-size ceramic purple head with a multi-colored mohawk made out of thousands of bits of wire??? Also, there is the perennial favorite: Socks and underwear. HOORAY!!!! WHOO-HOO!! We're celebrating NOW!!!! Socks and underwear! My favorite!! Gosh, these are the best socks and underwear I've EVER received!! They match my plastic dog crap and ceramic head PERFECTLY!!

"Gosh... You shouldn't have. No, I'm SERIOUS!! You really SHOULDN'T HAVE!! Next Christmas, you are sooooo getting a blow-up doll with a big air leak, a roll of toilet paper, or a cheese grater or something..."

Back
Top Bottom