Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I kinda enjoy the SI at that lonesome pier on the south end!

I totally agree, there is something very soothing, relaxing, natural about coming to an uninhabited beach for a unhurried surface interval. In a way I cannot really put into words it sort of completes the Cozumel experience for me.

The pier is also very seldom lonesome. There are invariably other boats around and one has a choice as to where that one wants a quiet walk on the beach, a nap or to chill in the boat or a relaxed swim in the water (As if the drift dive you just completed wasn't wet and relaxing enough)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Actually, I kinda enjoy the SI at that lonesome pier on the south end!

I enjoy it as well but have had the opportunity to experience it after a GOOD dive. To me the dock in the middle of nowhere is part of the Cozumel 'sperince.

Well, so much for that post . . . . certainly did not expect to draw so much attention from pier dwellers (to the exclusion of everything else to boot).

Well, so much for that post . . . . certainly did not expect to draw so much attention from pier dwellers (to the exclusion of everything else to boot).

Quietstorm not sure we are necessarily ignoring your issues with your experience. We just found your take on the SI interval interesting.

Cozumel has dive ops for all flavors. I have not dived with the op you did but your mention of large boats tends to suggest the typical large slow boats with many guests. That is how some ops operate and some people even like that. Many are not bothered by the slow boats and large groups especially since no matter how many people on your boat you are going to be Broken into smaller groups as Coz law dictates a max of eight divers to a DM/guide.

I do believe that your dive op delivered on the beach SI and although there are several beaches available the choice is usually dictated by the location of the first and more importantly second dive.

Having tech divers on that trip was not acceptable but I wonder if they were truly tech divers or just divers with good air utilization. I know in my early days I could spend what seemed like an eternity waiting for divers who did not gulp air. Thankfully my utilization improved. If truly tech divers with all that entails then your gripe is valid.

There definitely are issues that were upsetting namely the variability of prices quoted to you although here again packages, equipment and subtracting or adding dives can change prices.

Hopefully your next experience will be a lot better.

Yea, sorry, the rest of your report did sound sucky. Palancar pier is sort of a bit of the experience. I think there are several ops though that actually go to a beach club and let you hang out there. I also prefer one group to the boat.

Reading your original post first then checking the website of that dive op, there is a clue in their price list that they seem to cater to tech divers.

Then somewhere I saw the surface interval on a secluded beach.

There are several dive ops who stop at developed beach clubs. I prefer that to a stop just south of Playa Palancar. My dive op stops at Mr Sanchos (at least on my last trip with them). Most of their boats are the 6-8 passenger size. You seem to want to stop at a similar beach club and want a fast large boat. Is that correct?

Happens every time. You post anything negative about Coz and the zealots come out of the woodwork and redirect.

Yup....and then the anti-Coz zealots come out to climb into the pro-coz zealots

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom