Would like to become a DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mischief

Registered
Reaction score
Hey whats up yall?
Umm I am very interesting in becoming a Divemaster but would like to know is it difficult to get a job in the US? I live in Canada and lookin to go down south to be a DM. Also does anyone know what their pay is like? is it good enough to make a decent living?

Thanks everyone

With few exceptions, DM's don't get paid. You would have to be at least an instructor to make anything.
Instructor pay = not much

No.

Being a DM is great. But, don't quit your day job!

Seriously, most don't get paid at all, do it mainly because they like it. Usually the shop will give you a discount on equipment if you work with a shop. And maybe you'll get into the dive site free or at discount. But that's mostly it.

But I learned a lot in my DM class, so it was worth it for that.

=Steve=

I did a quick search and came up with some info for you here.

Ber :bunny:

would working at a resort as a DM be a decent job?
What i really want to do is have a small resort, like a 3 or 4 cottages and have a few charter boats and take peeps out as like a tour guide. what do you guys think about this idea?

Thanks
Mischief

where i am from, dive masters do make money....but very little. as suggested, don't quit your day jobs.

some people here are police officers, fire fighters, marketing people, etc. while being a DM during weekends. one person actually works at a dive shop while being an instructor.

if you want some advice, PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom