Would she want to kill me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misplaced Priority

Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to to a liveaboard. My 16yo son and I are dive buddies but my wife is a certified bubble watcher. She loves being on a boat but I wonder if she would get really board after a day or so. She says she would be fine and would relax and read. Maybe she is being a good sport as usual. Has anyone ever taken a non diver on a liveaboard? What was their experience? If we decide to go, any suggestions on which liveaboards would be best for the non diver?:confused:

how long is the diveaboard for?

my wife could probably stand two or three days. more than that, it's asking
for trouble.

I've never been on a real dedicated diving liveaboard, but we had one non-diver on our sailboat charter in the BVI this spring. She read, and swam and snorkeled where we anchored, and of course shared the great meals and wine and laughter after diving. She said she had a great time, and she wants to go again.

misplaced priority:
Would she want to kill me?

They all want to kill us at one time or the other. Does she have the means?

On a dedicated dive boat - and I have only done two trips my partner would be bored very quickly. Both trips(Mike Ball Cod Hole and Nekton Belize) the snorkling was marginal - too deep and you were pretty much out of sight of land for the entire trip.

If she likes boats, likes to talk to divers about diving, look at pictures of fish and coral, and wants to hang out on the deck of a boat for X days then she will love it. Otherwise...

I wouldn't even consider it unless it was the kind of trip TSandM did. Then the sailing and different ports are part of the interest.

Ports? You can't dive in ports . . .

I seem to recall a stop in at least one port in the trip report - but my memory is failing - its an age thing:D

I have been on boats were there were non-divers, mostly grandparents with their families. They did seem bored. The days can be long if you don't dive. However, if she is happy to just read and relax then she should be fine. Try it!

Back
Top Bottom