Would she want to kill me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try a short trip first and see how it goes. Most non-divers on liveaboards I've been on (and I've been on many) get bored pretty fast. She would want a lot of your attention during surface intervals and in the evening, but you would be tempted to sit around and talk diving. There's generally no access to outside news, so no "fresh" topics of conversation outside the diving experiences everybody but her will have shared. However, I did see one non-diving wife very happily accompany her husband. She enjoyed helping him identify and find the scientific names of the marine life he took pictures of, and he was able to keep her both busy and involved.

actually, depending on ur spouse (non-diver) mood and the condition of the boat, a non-diver on a Live on Board could be either a good time or a boring time..
reason is that if u stay on a relatively small LOB then ur wife will get bored easily and also depending on the length of days u'll be going..
However if u stay on a rather spacious, luxurious one, than ur wife will have lots thing she can do to keep her busy and fun.

I've been to LOB trips and some even have non-divers goin with the trip. And verdict is half-half..

If u want some options to think about this issue, maybe i can help.
I am organizing a LOB trip to KOMODO this coming october 22-28, the LOB vessel is big and spacious, really good for diving and family stuffs.
let me know if u need more info..

cheers,
bodiver13@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom