Would you buy from this company (Salvo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That image is in very poor taste. I am absolutely flabbergasted that someone would post an image like that to a commercial site. It's not amusing - it's disgusting. :shakehead

As if they haven't had enough negative press in the past... although their products seem to be top-notch by all accounts.

Cheers,

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
That image is in very poor taste. I am absolutely flabbergasted that someone would post an image like that to a commercial site. It's not amusing - it's disgusting.

Do you not watch the Oscars because of Cher? (I just don't watch 'em. Not seeing Cher is an ancillary benifit)

H2Andy:
that's a particularly stupid ad from a company (Salvo) that makes excellent stuff

who put their brain on hold on this one?

Wouldn't this cause problems for the diver who, yesterday, was concerned with where to grab the chest strap in an air share exercise?

Been in their shop, purchased products from them and found them to be courteous, professional and very helpful. And yes, I would buy from them again.

Carribeandiver:
Been in their shop, purchased products from them and found them to be courteous, professional and very helpful.

Do they have naked moms and grandmas running around?

All I can say is: "Who took the photos!?"

I mean, the lighting, the colours (shudder), the composure- yuck!, the shadows they are utterly horrible!

(And it would help if someone was smiling...)

I feel someone is going to get a kick in the butt for this...

:shocked: good job at alienating a fair % of potentional buyers

its 3hrs past my bedtime because ive been doing alot of surfing, looking for a BWP.. going back to check out Tobins stuff for now

cheers

Truth be told, I was shocked to see this on their site.

I agree that Salvo makes really solid products, but personally I find this sort of "advertising" offensive. In my opinion its a real misstep on their part, they have great stuff, great customer service, so why lower themselves to this level? and yeah yeah yeah the human body is a beautiful thing and I aint no prude, but anyone with half a brain could see how repugnant this would be to many people.

...if they really want to go down this path, then they should post an "equally obviously enhanced" male verson for the rest of the population.

What do you tell the kids? This is your mom on crack?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom